Factory Bastard
One of these....

2021-07-14-14-50_ol601_imageset

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
$500 or more for 1 piece is not uncommon

Fuck.

My sofa is on sale right now for $1349.99 plus tax.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

But then you still need three sets of cushions which are on sale for $339.99 plus tax each.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

That is $2678.05 just for the sofa, Senile @Joe.

What kind of cheap shit do you buy?

Prowler! That's nice looking patio furniture.

Is that eco friendly?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Is that eco friendly?

That is a focus of the company.

Their product is made of recycled plastic.

The company is close to my city...about a 35 minute drive for me. They make what could best be described as plastic lumber. All recycled, I believe. The plastic pieces are probably twice the weight as very heavy hardwood. It is very solid.

They have chairs at the factory that have been outside 365 days a year for over 20 years and they still look brand new.

I was told that the founder of the company is doing some research in a Southern US state....Texas or Arizona I think...they are trying to formulate a plastic roofing material.

It is smart. People say "Damn plastic. It takes hundreds of years to break down. It just fills up the landfill." This company said "Hey, if plastic lasts hundreds of years, then why throw it away? Use it to build stuff."

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Is that eco friendly?

That is a focus of the company.

Their product is made of recycled plastic.

The company is close to my city...about a 35 minute drive for me. They make what could best be described as plastic lumber. All recycled, I believe. The plastic pieces are probably twice the weight as very heavy hardwood. It is very solid.

They have chairs at the factory that have been outside 365 days a year for over 20 years and they still look brand new.

I was told that the founder of the company is doing some research in a Southern US state....Texas or Arizona I think...they are trying to formulate a plastic roofing material.

It is smart. People say "Damn plastic. It takes hundreds of years to break down. It just fills up the landfill." This company said "Hey, if plastic lasts hundreds of years, then why throw it away? Use it to build stuff."

There is definately eco friendly and ethical uses of plastic.

Its pricey but it's nice!

I wanted to get a metal roof......however, we are starting to look......at houses :0

With all this inflating we are kinda feeling like fixing this house all the way up isnt going to be worth it. We have already spent several thousand dollars just to make it livable. And we saw houses on the right amount of land that are kinda "fixed uppers".....but all the major things are good. Just cosmetic stuff.

We are meeting up to check a few out and possibly make an offer. We havent told anyone yet though.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My wife and I got very lucky when we bought our current house. 2002....the prices have exploded since then.

We are going to look at a 4 bedroom, 2 and half bathroom older house (it's really pretty but needs work) with a half finished basement this week. The price is under 150k so....its probably haunted and has dead bodies in the wall or under the basement lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Is it on wheels?

No. Not at all.

If it was up to me though it would be. Have you seen those school bus conversions? Or remodeled RVs?!

I would LOVE to do that. I have a strong nomad/gypsy spirit. But right now we need an stick built house so my mom can be comfortable. Shes only gonna get sicker.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I just spent 563 bucks at the local pet shop.

I got this awesome cat tree (we like to have two and the completely demolished one of them)

20220625-144210.jpg

And I got a new cage for the piggies

20220625-144215.jpg

And the Bunz got a new rabbit litter box, they also all got new food dishes and water bottles and I had to buy 4 boxes of tape worm meds because a few months ago a few had segments. So I treated them and now I'm giving them another treatment to make sure. And they all got treats and shit. So today was splurge on animals day.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
A soft sided and insulated Igloo cooler bag, a large freezer block, 25 metres of outdoor 10 amp extension cord, 2 bucks worth of clothesline string, and 4x 3M sticky hooks rated at about 5 lbs...

I saw other things I desired, but just the basics.

Came to 55 bucks AUD.... so about late 30's to mid 40's USD...

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
8420327416704_P1.jpeg

Something like this, because the house is 100 years old, which means the walls are rock and cement. Hanging shit is a pain in the ass. Easier to get one of these for each bathroom and spend time drilling holes for other shit.