What's the last thing you purchased?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
No purchase...got it for free:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

s-l1600.jpg

...and..

s-l1600.jpg

1st one, the Beatles set is somewhat expensive. $200 Used/$500 BNIB

Nice condition too. Barely used, some of those CDs were never played.

You got that for free?

I'd sell that. I've always thought The Beatles were the most overrated.

**ducking***

The Rolling Stones were far better than the Beatles...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
No purchase...got it for free:

s-l1600.jpg

...and..

s-l1600.jpg

1st one, the Beatles set is somewhat expensive. $200 Used/$500 BNIB

Nice condition too. Barely used, some of those CDs were never played.

You got that for free?

I'd sell that. I've always thought The Beatles were the most overrated.

**ducking***

The Rolling Stones were far better than the Beatles...

I'm gonna agree.....and I actually like more Beatles songs than Rolling Stones songs. I'm not big on either.

David Bowie had a 50 some year long career and took so many artistic risks. Had consistently good music.

I feel like The Beatles played it safe and stuck to catchy feel good stuff. Nothing WRONG with that. They absolutely have their place....there was just SO much hype over them.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Men who play instruments have a huge appreciation for the Beatles.

Even my husband.....who is definately not the kind of guy you would see ever just jamming Beatles songs....he is a metal head, looked at me like I was on crack when I said The Beatles were overrated lol. I've caught him playing Dave Matthew's beautifully. What he prefers to listen to and what he likes to play can be shockingly different.

I once trolled my step dad into near tears by making fun of the Beatles lol i did that on purpose though. People who are Beatles fans are pretty sensitive about it lol. I used to get really annoyed when music critics would call Type O Neg the "gothic Beatles" and make Beatles references at them.....they were nothing like the Beatles. Completely different bands and styles. I try not to get emotional over bands I like.....some Beatles fans will burn you at the stake for criticizing them lol

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Even my husband.....who is definately not the kind of guy you would see ever just jamming Beatles songs....he is a metal head, looked at me like I was on crack when I said The Beatles were overrated lol. I've caught him playing Dave Matthew's beautifully. What he prefers to listen to and what he likes to play can be shockingly different.

I once trolled my step dad into near tears by making fun of the Beatles lol i did that on purpose though. People who are Beatles fans are pretty sensitive about it lol. I used to get really annoyed when music critics would call Type O Neg the "gothic Beatles" and make Beatles references at them.....they were nothing like the Beatles. Completely different bands and styles. I try not to get emotional over bands I like.....some Beatles fans will burn you at the stake for criticizing them lol

Ya know @Dove I look at the Beatles as something already passe, even antique, from a bygone era & my interest in them is more from a historical pov. People who were young when the Beatles were big are already in their 60s & 70's. They are akin to 70 year olds I knew 50 years ago who lived through the roaring 20s when they were young.

Both the 1920s & 60s/early 70's have an historical parallel because they were culturally revolutionary & largely American driven.

The period from 1920 to 2020 will likely be remembered as 'The American Century'. 1 reason that's why it's a period of immense interest. The period from 1820 to 1920 was the British Century. 1720 to 1820 perhaps the French Century. Before that it was the Spanish Century.

We are living through the tail end of America's cultural & political dominance. So it's perhaps another reason the world seems so unstable & turbulent these days as it is a period of transition. Not necessarily for the better but it is what it is, eh.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Ya know @Dove I look at the Beatles as something already passe, even antique, from a bygone era & my interest in them is more from a historical pov. People who were young when the Beatles were big are already in their 60s & 70's. They are akin to 70 year olds I knew 50 years ago who lived through the roaring 20s when they were young.

Both the 1920s & 60s/early 70's have an historical parallel because they were culturally revolutionary & largely American driven.

The period from 1920 to 2020 will likely be remembered as 'The American Century'. 1 reason that's why it's a period of immense interest. The period from 1820 to 1920 was the British Century. 1720 to 1820 perhaps the French Century. Before that it was the Spanish Century.

We are living through the tail end of America's cultural & political dominance. So it's perhaps another reason the world seems so unstable & turbulent these days as it is a period of transition. Not necessarily for the better but it is what it is, eh.

......Joe, weren't the Beatles part of that whole "British invasion"?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

True.

But it was largely funded by American money & it's cultural industries & studios.

I suppose the parallel might be Ancient Greece which was cultural motherland of the Roman Empire.

Similarly we have a big movie industry in Vancouver but there is little doubt that it is American & bankrolled by money from the US. The actual Canadian film industry is small.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

True.

But it was largely funded by American money & it's cultural industries & studios.

I suppose the parallel might be Ancient Greece which was cultural motherland of the Roman Empire.

Similarly we have a big movie industry in Vancouver but there is little doubt that it is American & bankrolled by money from the US. The actual Canadian film industry is small.

You should abandon that silly cheesy boomer shit and come to the darkside.

I flippantly told my husband in the first few weeks we were hanging out that I would never get married again (and I meant it) and threw in unless I met a guy who could play this entire song with all its progressions on the piano. And just over a year later, he casually sat down at a piano at the mission and did exactly that. I was floored.

So I had to marry him, naturally. He was expecting it after all that work.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Oh the last thing I bought was Chic Fil A. I had to take my mom to the doctor and now I have to take her for a bunch of tests because she is losing weight at an alarming rate.

I'm not kidding shes down to 77 pounds. And she eats.....so what the fuck.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Oh the last thing I bought was Chic Fil A. I had to take my mom to the doctor and now I have to take her for a bunch of tests because she is losing weight at an alarming rate.

Well that's too bad.

Does she have diabetes? Or covid?

Xtreme wt loss could be a sign of diabetes

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Well that's too bad.

No. She may or may not have cancer. Its definately not the beetus.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

Well that's too bad.

Thoughts and prayers for you mom, Dovey

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
A brand new USD $60 hardcover MacArthur Study Bible (NAS).

For 25¢ at a downtown resale shop.

Nothing like a thrifty atheist with a collection of Bibles.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A brand new USD $60 hardcover MacArthur Study Bible (NAS).

For 25¢ at a downtown resale shop.

Nothing like a thrifty atheist with a collection of Bibles.

Are you an atheist @Blurt?

Don't you believe in God.....Blurt?!?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Well that's too bad.

Thoughts and prayers for you mom, Dovey

Thank you. I have to take her for scans and bloodwork this week. And I have to wait for specailists to call me so we can make appointments.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
As Hitch once said, "Pray if you please but, by all means, continue also with the chemotherapy."

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I took the family out for breakfast.

Where did ya go IHOP?

Dennys?

Although those places have little nutritional value I still enjoy the traditional good old fashioned American breakfast once in a while.

Dennys...the Grand Slam or the Lumberjack slam! With hash Browns buttermilk pancakes, ham bacon sausage. Syrup.

IHOP. ...Waffle Breakfast with whipped cream and blueberries or chocolate chips.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Ear mite drops for my Prudey.

I noticed her ear has been sensitive and she scratches it a lot and she snakes her head and holds the ear at a slant. And she cried when I looked into it.

It looks like ear mite crusties down in her ear. :( so I checked all the cats and the only other one who has ear mite gunk is Mabel. So my tuxies somehow got ear mites and somehow are the only ones (as far as I can see).

So that's fun.