What's the last thing you purchased?

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
The little Cafe down the street makes the best Smoked Salmon Bagels, The Best Jerry!

a2403db351c09db2633cc047452917c13c39db00.jpeg
ska0013-salmao-fumado-da-noruega-450x450.jpg

I buy this stuff all the time. Put it in salads. I've never seen a bagel here. I wonder if there are any.
Maybe Not a Bagel, but they must have something roughly comparable.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
There are apparently a few places which sell begals in the northern city of Porto. They seem to have English names, are aimed at tourists, and seem on the expensive side.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
The little Cafe down the street makes the best Smoked Salmon Bagels, The Best Jerry!

a2403db351c09db2633cc047452917c13c39db00.jpeg
ska0013-salmao-fumado-da-noruega-450x450.jpg

I buy this stuff all the time. Put it in salads. I've never seen a bagel here. I wonder if there are any.
Maybe Not a Bagel, but they must have something roughly comparable.

This is my fave roll. Nothing like an English muffin, though it looks kind of like one. Caco.

220302023510.jpg
and more 'authentic' english muffin would have been my guess.

Scrawny The Ghost

Interdimensional UltraMegaRich Luxury BLTQ+ Banker
Science! Technology! Engineering!

All required to manufacture amphetamines

You need to know science, chemistry, specifically ephedrine chemistry like the Japanese 1800's scientists spend their careers learning. Technology like HEAT PLATES, borosilicate glass beakers and flasks, you need ENGINEERING you need a power grid and shipping logistics to get all of that in one place

and MATH to add the right weights and amounts to equal the perfect sum of a technological marvel that is synthetic man made drugs. PRAISE THE CREATOR!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It wants to enable tracking cookies and I don't want to give them one. What does it say, please?

BadBrad

Ignore features are for bitches.
☠️
12 tiny luggage locks, 14$ on amazon, each lockcomes with 2 keys. There's so much bad shit you can do to others with locks and so much good things you can do for yourself when properly used.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
No purchase...got it for free:

s-l1600.jpg

...and..

s-l1600.jpg

1st one, the Beatles set is somewhat expensive. $200 Used/$500 BNIB

Nice condition too. Barely used, some of those CDs were never played.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
One of these....

I am putting it up for sale at a fairly high price...if it sells, great...if not, I am in no rush as I would like to play it for a bit...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
A replacement barbecue for me and my flatmates in the Northern Rivers area of NSW.... a straight 20 hour drive from my home to here. I've got the same one sitting in a storage closet back home but I sourced postage for it and it was over 200 bucks shipping.

Got the newest one delivered for free and for 85 bucks.... crazy times...

20220721-180421.jpg

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

s-l1600.jpg

...and..

s-l1600.jpg

You got that for free?

I'd sell that. I've always thought The Beatles were the most overrated.

**ducking***

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I've always thought The Beatles were the most overrated.

Yikes!!

Did you mean underrated?

If you watch any footage of them in the recording studio creating music, I think you may change that opinion.

If you consider the collection of music they produced from 1963-1969...the variety, the innovation, the hundreds of catchy tunes...all in about a 6 year period....I cannot fathom rating them as anything but a remarkably GREAT BAND.

So many bands put out a really good album, then cannot follow up with another one. That is probably because they were playing together for years and had all that time to produce material for an album. They take their best stuff, and record it. But now they will need another bunch of years to gather enough good material to make another good album. The Beatles just pumped out an album of brand new, excellent material every 6 months or so.

One thing that I find the lessons make me appreciate their musicianship more...this guy does a bunch and he breaks down the different parts nicely:

But at the end of the day, it is all subjective. There is no way to actually prove that non-Beatles fans are insane.

Reactions: Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

...and..

You got that for free?

I'd sell that. I've always thought The Beatles were the most overrated.

**ducking***

Some of what you say may be true @Dove.

There may have been better bands, singers & songs from that era. Even more charismatic as well.

But unlike @The Prowler, I'm not interested in their music as much as their historic value & cultural influence. I find them interesting in the same way that you might find icons of 20th Century fashion. Ie - like the model Twiggy was an intriguing character.

twiggy-medium.jpg

be76f8551b5837b7723e2437724f691f--andy-warhol.jpg

She had a Big Influence in teen girls of that era. And she belonged to the same cultural movement as the Beatles and Andy Warhol. For better or worse they remade Western Culture.

Anyways now that I got their record set my next conquest is the movies they made. I got 2 of em now I gotta get the other 3.

Here's one I think your children would like:

I know one of the head animators of that movie. HE lives in my city. I took a class with him on cartooning and animation. Was a privilege cuz he is so good & a part of history too.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I would think that if one were interested in The Beatles for their historical significance, one would collect items from the era that The Beatles were active - not digitized reproductions of their music on a media that was not invented until over a decade after the band broke up.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I bought two 12-packs of Lord Chesterfield Ale. Before that, I bought a store brand frozen pepperoni pizza.

I ordered some work clothes the other day. There was a 25% off sale but I was prudent about what I wanted to spend per item. It's supposed to be delivered by UPS. The last time I got a UPS delivery, it required a signature. The upstairs neighbors were kind enough to help me out with that. I hope THAT doesn't happen again.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I've always thought The Beatles were the most overrated.

Yikes!!

Did you mean underrated?

If you watch any footage of them in the recording studio creating music, I think you may change that opinion.

If you consider the collection of music they produced from 1963-1969...the variety, the innovation, the hundreds of catchy tunes...all in about a 6 year period....I cannot fathom rating them as anything but a remarkably GREAT BAND.

So many bands put out a really good album, then cannot follow up with another one. That is probably because they were playing together for years and had all that time to produce material for an album. They take their best stuff, and record it. But now they will need another bunch of years to gather enough good material to make another good album. The Beatles just pumped out an album of brand new, excellent material every 6 months or so.

One thing that I find the lessons make me appreciate their musicianship more...this guy does a bunch and he breaks down the different parts nicely:

But at the end of the day, it is all subjective. There is no way to actually prove that non-Beatles fans are insane.

Yeah I've gotten reamed out by many the Beatles fans lol.

Listen I'm not saying I hate the Beatles. I dont. I think John Lenon was a pretentious and hypocritical douche wad who abused women.

......I'm just saying I feel like they were a bit overrated lol. You are right, they cranked out a lot of catchy tunes. And that's probably exactly why I think the way i think about them.

I'll also go on the record over my own generations music and say confidently that Nirvana was overrated af.....and Alice in Chains was way under rated. I still like Nirvana.

And I'll always love this

Its not that I dislike them.....I've just never been like "fuck yes, the beatles. I needed to hear this right now!".