What's the last thing you purchased?

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Here we go.

Regale us again, Jomo, with the astounding cyberadventures you had with your 386 and your 9,600 baud modem.

Fuuuuck!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
A toilet valve.

images

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I bought another set of reusable cloth menstrual pads.

And some stuff that you put on your eyes like eyeliner and it stimulates eyelash growth. I dont wear much make up except for lip gloss and mascera so I'm being proactive with my lashes.

Fashionista

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I bought a can of Off repellent for a hike..

It didn't seem like it was much more expensive.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Hi Fash. I didn’t realise that Off! was available your end. Sweet.
Off is the go to here! While you can buy citrus based repellent, it's not as effective. The skeeters are MEAN this year. I buy Deep Woods Off, 30% DEET.
We also have Bushman Plus with 80% DEET and sunscreen in one. Heavy duty stuff! Probably make your skin glow in the dark lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'm over here with my pricey deet free stuff that doubles as a bug bite rub.

It works very well though.

DDT

Factory Bastard
We also have Bushman Plus with 80% DEET and sunscreen in one. Heavy duty stuff! Probably make your skin glow in the dark lol
That's a lot of DEET! Years ago Canada limited DEET content to 30% for some reason. At that time they also banned DEET/sunscreen combos too. Not sure why, but probably to appease some small but vocal special interest group...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I tried some DEET free spray, but the skeeters are just too thirsty this year here! They are BRUTAL in the evening! Hosing myself down with chemicals is the only way to keep them at bay.

I didnt really get bit a whole lot normally. They like to bite my toes and that's the WORST. When they nail you right under your toe nail. I HATE that.

I like to be barefoot a lot....and I have these wrap sandles I wear all summer unless I'm running....so my feet and a target. They really go for the rest of my body too much.

Same with my kids.....this stuff works really well for us. It took going through a few different kinds though. I like to stay as clean and organic as possible and stay as local as possible. The stuff I use now isnt local, but it is a small business.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

If you want to go very natural, herbs like Lemongrass and Basil rubbed on the skin works. Rosemary and Lavender too.

Well…it’s a deterrent at least. ;)

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

If you want to go very natural, herbs like Lemongrass and Basil rubbed on the skin works. Rosemary and Lavender too.

Yeah I'm using Sallye Ander "No Bite Me".

It has eugnol, cedarwood oil, lemongrass oil, geranium oil, spearmint oil, thyme oil, clove oil, rosemary oil....purified water, olive oil blend, beeswax, rosemary needle and frankincense powder.

And yes I just listed off the ingredient list LOL. It actually smells good and feels good on the skin. It's pretty moisturizing. And it really does take the itch out of a bug bite too.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

It has eugnol, cedarwood oil, lemongrass oil, geranium oil, spearmint oil, thyme oil, clove oil, rosemary oil....purified water, olive oil blend, beeswax, rosemary needle and frankincense powder.

And yes I just listed off the ingredient list LOL. It actually smells good and feels good on the skin. It's pretty moisturizing. And it really does take the itch out of a bug bite too.
I grow a few of those herbs around the garden because the majority of my outdoor plants are bromeliads, and the mozzies breed like hell in their little cups.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I grow a few of those herbs around the garden because the majority of my outdoor plants are bromeliads, and the mozzies breed like hell in their little cups.

Squish grew a bunch of rosemary this year. She used A LOT of seeds so we have a ton of it right now lol

She grew tomatoes as well and shes super proud of her plants lol.

DDT

Factory Bastard
Maybe not a purchase, but renting pic below for a day. It'll be dropped off tomorrow morning. Need to pump my septic tank, and the soil covering it is clay that's almost as hard as concrete. Once I get the two access covers cleared, I'll install 12" risers so I don't have to do this again. I'll also amend the clay with some actual soil, so grass will grow properly. I want to fix up a portion of my gravel driveway also. So tomorrow, I R machine operator!

lrg-0000-Vi-O80-1-A.png

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
A toilet valve.

images

Nice. Might as well fix a leaky toilet rather than scrapping the whole thing.
Yep! Toilets are easy to rebuild. Did my basement shitter not long ago... Fill valve, flush valve, and tank to seat gasket!
When we had that toilet paper shortage after Covid broke out and everyone went mental and starting unnecessarily stocking up, I had to use some rough-arsed paper towels as a temporary substitute. So I decided to install this bidet kit. It was so easy to install, that I wished I had done it sooner.

PS: it’s not great in winter mind you as your naught can go into shock with the low temperatures. But 3 out of 4 seasons ain’t bad…

images

DDT

Factory Bastard
A toilet valve.

images

Yep! Toilets are easy to rebuild. Did my basement shitter not long ago... Fill valve, flush valve, and tank to seat gasket!
When we had that toilet paper shortage after Covid broke out and everyone went mental and starting unnecessarily stocking up, I had to use some rough-arsed paper towels as a temporary substitute. So I decided to install this bidet kit. It was so easy to install, that I wished I had done it sooner.

PS: it’s not great in winter mind you as your naught can go into shock with the low temperatures. But 3 out of 4 seasons ain’t bad…

images
I find damp washcloths to do a suitable job also... Not sure I want to spray a bunch of water in my ass crack! Although I could hop in the shower if I really had to I suppose!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
A toilet valve.

images

images
I find damp washcloths to do a suitable job also... Not sure I want to spray a bunch of water in my ass crack! Although I could hop in the shower if I really had to I suppose!
Mate, the first time I sprayed water onto my naught was in Indonesia. After an initial mishap with the pressure nozzle, I absolutely loved it. I felt positively clean and vibrant. It’s great when one needs to day-crap and a shower isn’t an option.
:RightOn:

DDT

Factory Bastard
Mate, the first time I sprayed water onto my naught was in Indonesia. After an initial mishap with the pressure nozzle, I absolutely loved it. I felt positively clean and vibrant. It’s great when one needs to day-crap and a shower isn’t an option.
:RightOn:
I've heard people say good things about them, but for those of us in North America it's still a foreign concept... I have never seen a bidet equipped shitter in my life!