What's the last thing you purchased?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Finally some new flavors.. mostly old school flavors too

MERHH9F_o.jpg
They named a strain after Lee Ann Womack? lol

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Pendleton Kilgore Tartan Plaid Red Pure Virgin Wool Robe Size XL Scottish

s-l1600.jpg

Because a trip to the grocery store requires the decorum of the house.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
These showed in my insta feed minus the packaging have no idea wtf they are..

Hmmmm toffee/caramel and licorice.. are these chewy or rock hard , cuz the look like glazed beer nuts in food color
Rock hard, candied peanuts

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
....an actual costume/outfit used in the DC TV series Legends of Tomorrow:

51546413_1m.jpg

Here's the clip at :20 seconds of the person wearing it:

...it was part of an auction and the studio that used it was just trying to get rid of it

I bought the crown too which appears to go along with it:

51576743_1m.jpg

There are historical pictoral references to this outfit as well:

saints-louis-of-france-king-louis-here-named-as-ludovicus-rex-was-born-in-1214-the-son-of-louis-viii-of-france-and-blanche-of-castile-his-father-died-when-he-was-12-and-his-mother-established-a-regency-during-his-minority-he-was-brother-in-law-to-henry-iii-if-england-louis-oversaw-the-vast-cathedral-building-programme-which-occupied-so-much-of-the-creative-energies-of-france-during-his-reign-and-he-personally-founded-the-mystic-sainte-chapelle-in-paris-to-house-the-relics-of-the-crown-of-thorns-which-in-this-print-he-carries-in-his-hands-pressed-against-the-fleur-di-lys-of-MC6MGK.jpg

..but he lived in the 12th century and that gown/costume is actually Medieval nor Renaissance or Baroque

so the King pictured in the TV show likely wouldn't have been dressed like that.

More like wigs and tights

so the TV costume designers took it from the 12th century as opposed to the 17th.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Senile @Joe bought himself a dress.

And you bought yourself a Trophy:

zamxMMv.jpeg

your league dues paid for that @The Prowler.

so in a real sense, it wasn't actually 'won' like a Gold medal or a Stanley Cup where professionals or Olympic athletes have something given to them based entirely on merit. Pros don't pay for anything. They get paid to play and the earn their awards @The Prowler.

You're just a pretender I'm afraid.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Because gold medals and the Stanley Cup just materialized out of thin air!?!?!?!?

What a stupid thing to say, Senile @Joe.
You paid into a beer league

And the league bought those 'awards' with your dues/fees @The Prowler.

Pros or Olympic atheltes don't pay anyone for their awards.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anways, this is what else I bought at the same place:

51589357_2m.jpg

Five 14k gold pens for $50.

Not a bad deal at all since 1 pen might go for $100

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Why so jealous, Senile Joe?
I'm not.

I think you are a Silly Old Fool @The Prowler.

Listen to this interview from one of the Greatest Baseball Players ever to play the game Prowler:

...Bob Feller was a rocked ribbled Republican/patriotic American who served his country during the best years of his life

20 game/Cy Young winner. World Seres Winner.

Baseball Hall of Fame.

War Hero he said the real heroes were the ones who died in his place.

Played against the best players, Black or White - after the leagues were desegregated.

so he could pitch against the best.

He didn't even boast about his achievements.

And I remember before he died in another interview he said, "I'm nothing special. I just want to be remembered as a decent American who served his country."

And what do you do? Boast about a silly belt you paid for with your Beer league dues.

Fuck get a life and live in the Real World, Prowler.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I'm not.

Listen to this interview from one of the Greatest Baseball Players ever to play the game Prowler:

...Bob Feller was a rocked ribbled Republican/patriotic American who served his country during the best years of his life

Baseball Hall of Fame.

Played against the best players, Black or White - after the leagues were desegregated.

And I remember before he died in another interview he said, "I'm nothing special. I just want to be remembered as a decent American who served his country."

And what do you do? Boast about a silly belt you paid for with your Beer league dues.

Did he play guitar?

This is a video I made after about 10 hours of practicing.

I am way way way way way way way better now.

Reactions: Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Did he play guitar?

This is a video I made after about 10 hours of practicing.

I am way way way way way way way better now.

that's pretty good if that's actually you @The Prowler

Much better than I could ever hope to do.

Maybe I'll get to Grade 2 classical guitar one day, Toronto Conservatory style.

See? A compliment.

You may think me a harsh critic, but I actually do give credit when it's due.

I try to be objective and grounded in reality, that's all.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I'm not.

Baseball Hall of Fame.

Did he write computer software?

I was the lead Systems Analyst/Programmer at an insurance company and wrote some of the most complex health and dental claim adjudication software to ever exist. The software I coded stayed ahead of software produced by teams of hundreds developers (business analysts, systems analysts, data designers, programmers, etc.) in large insurance companies. When drug cards were introduced in Canada, when the large insurance companies like Manulife and Sun Life used 3rd party providers like Green Shield and Blue Cross, my development team developed our own drug card system to not only compete, but to do it better.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Dental and health adjudication software...

falling-asleep-waiting.gif

Yup.

Our adjudicators could process 2-3 times as many claims per hour than those in other insurance companies using inferior software. And our software (that I developed) was much more accurate with greater fraud detection, drug interaction detection, etc..

My data design and coding skills gave us a huge advantage over the competition. One genius in systems development can get more results than several dozen average developers. I did things that thousands of programmers working their whole lives would never achieve.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yup.

Our adjudicators could process 2-3 times as many claims per hour than those in other insurance companies using inferior software. And our software (that I developed) was much more accurate with greater fraud detection, drug interaction detection, etc..

My data design and coding skills gave us a huge advantage over the competition. One genius in systems development can get more results than several dozen average developers. I did things that thousands of programmers working their whole lives would never achieve.

You're boasting about something virtually no one give two shits about. You should be embarrassed.

It's not as if you cured cancer or something equally notable.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
You're boasting about something virtually no one give two shits about. You should be embarrassed.

It's not as if you cured cancer or something equally notable.

I am boasting about my many skills because I have many skills.

If I worked on curing cancer, I am pretty sure I would develop a cure within a few years.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I am boasting about my many skills because I have many skills.

If I worked on curing cancer, I am pretty sure I would develop a cure within a few years.

No one is impressed. No one is interested. Why boast at all? Why aren't you content to just be a poster on this forum? You make a fool of yourself. But you do you. You be the same bloviating blowhard you've apparently always been.

No one is going to put this in their journal. "Uhm, today I found out that The Prowler at Bastard Factory Forum wrote code for dental insurers. I am so excited to know that I have posted with him. This is the highlight of my week!"

LOL@U

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
No one is impressed. No one is interested. Why boast at all? Why aren't you content to just be a poster on this forum? You make a fool of yourself. But you do you. You be the same bloviating blowhard you've apparently always been.

No one is going to put this in their journal. "Uhm, today I found out that The Prowler at Bastard Factory Forum wrote code for dental insurers. I am so excited to know that I have posted with him. This is the highlight of my week!"

LOL@U

I also developed some of the best online scheduling/assigning software known to man.

And today I played pickleball for about an hour and a half and my skills are improving rapidly. I think there are pickleball trophies in my future.