What's the last thing you purchased?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Rocking chair, used for when new baby arrives. I'm starting to buy previously and gently used items. Better than items going to landfills and paying retail prices.

This particular seller was a mom who had just gotten laid off from her job and was doing uber driving or doordash, one of those. I tipped her an additional $20 because it was clear that she was going through hard times.

Reactions: cw_

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Rocking chair, used for when new baby arrives. I'm starting to buy previously and gently used items. Better than items going to landfills and paying retail prices.

This particular seller was a mom who had just gotten laid off from her job and was doing uber driving or doordash, one of those. I tipped her an additional $20 because it was clear that she was going through hard times.
I still have the rocking chair I shared with my babies! Many happy times to be had there. :D

Anyway,
Clothes on sale 70% off cuz xmas is finally over.

Socks (look at them! they are sooo happy!!)
Muscle shirt
Sweat shirt
Dress
Bathing suit

AxwjFhc.jpg

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
A box of food from Daily Harvest. There was a discount and free shipping with first order so I thought I'd try it and then cancel.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
A box of food from Daily Harvest. There was a discount and free shipping with first order so I thought I'd try it and then cancel.
Is that a free first order based on a 12 month initial payment? They can be tricky like that.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
True, many are Tricksy.
I apologize if I may have insulted your intelligence by asking you if it was a 12 month initial payment. I'm sure you've been around the block enough times to see all the tricks.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Hazelnut truffles

Original truffles

5 Mexican hot sausages (ready to eat)

5 hot Italian sausages (frozen uncooked)

12 pack AHA blueberry pomegranate sparkling water

1l exotic mango juice

1l Strawberry banana nectar

1l coconut and pineapple juice

A bag of cheetos puffs

2 large white rice orders

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
ZAP comix #2 - 1st Printing:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

CGC4330804-013_OBV.jpg

...for sure a foolish impulsive buy.

But it's the 2nd Comic book that the Artist Robert Crumb published in 1968 during the Hippy era in San Francisco.

Only 500 were ever printed and perhaps fewer than 100 exist today. So it is quite rare.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
A couple Pickleball nets....

This one:

img.axd

And this one with the racquets and balls:

img.axd

Now I have to actually play the game and see if I like it.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Haha!!!

Senile @Joe bought a 50 cent comic book.
Well if I kin re-sell this 50 cent comic book for more than I paid for it, might end up being a good investment. Never know, eh?

Paid 1/2 or less than what it sells on eBay in that condition.

Plus the artist Robert Crumb is gettin' on @The Prowler.

I bet when he passes away his works/1st editions will appreciate in value.

It's not what you pay, it's what you can re-sell it for.

Foreinstance, I bet your car will only be worth 1/2 of what it'll be in 10 years Prowler.

And that's if you take care of it and its still in mint condition.

Ya better drive it like a granny instead of a reckless fool like ya do cuz every time ya wear it down, depreciates in value, eh?

and if a person buys $100,000 worth of gold, it'll be worth a lot more than your $100,000 car in the as well Prowler.

One way to have avoided your situation was to have bought a vintage 57 Corvette Prowler.

At least it'll hold its value and may double in 10 years.

Oh well, too late now.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Hahaha!!!

Everything Senile @Joe does revolves around money and his concern for whether or not he has enough in the future.

I planned well and have secured my future, so I can spend money now and enjoy the present without constantly worrying about if I will have enough in the future.

Now how about we talk about stuff that we bought now, that we can enjoy now?

I bought a Dinner For 4(B) at the Chinese restaurant today. My wife and I ate about half of it. We will have the rest as leftovers sometime soon.

Poof! The money is gone. Scary concept, eh?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hahaha!!!

I bought a Dinner For 4(B) at the Chinese restaurant today. My wife and I ate about half of it. We will have the rest as leftovers sometime soon.
I generally avoid Chinese food @The Prowler because of its high MSG content & the amount of artificial additives in restaurant food.

I usually eat Seafood and vegetables cooked in its natural state.
this is a typical West Coast diet.

Among other things, it is conducive to lush hair growth (which I have plenty of) and it extends your lifespan considerably.

Given your bald pate, you oughta consider a change in your diet @The Prowler.

And you may wish to reduce your intake of Chinese food in order to reduce your current rate of hair loss.

Also, being bald puts you at higher risk of skin cancer from intense sunlight because hair actually provides a layer of protection from Ultra Violet Rays.

At very least you ought to consider wearing a toupee for your own protection:

Did you know that Prowler?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
@Joe most of the Chinese restaurants around here do not use MSG at all.

You always talk about going out for food...and now....

I generally avoid...restaurant food.

So which is it, Liar @Joe?

And if you want to talk about skin cancer, Senile @Joe, post up a picture of your wrinkly old hand again.

What are all those brown spots?

Hahahahahaha!!!!!

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Sechrist Bros. Smokey Franks, Martin's hot dog potato rolls, small can of Bush's Country Style baked beans and a Stouffer's Meat Lovers lasagna. The lasagna wins for tonight's dinner.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A vintage French Fashion Magazine from Paris 100 years old with exquisite pouchoir prints on arches paper:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

...the kind that @Blurt would like.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hahaha!!!

Everything Senile @Joe does revolves around money and his concern for whether or not he has enough in the future.

I planned well and have secured my future, so I can spend money now and enjoy the present without constantly worrying about if I will have enough in the future.

Now how about we talk about stuff that we bought now, that we can enjoy now?

And yet... all the money you claim you have still doesn't compensate for your bad taste in cars @The Prowler

and that your car will DEPRECIATE instead of APPRECIATE or HOLD ITS VALUE over time.

a smart buyer understands the market and how to make large purchases work in favor not against him Prowler.

For example the Haggerty Index, a respected evaluator lists the average price of 1957 Corvette at $61,000 US.
That's $80,000 Canadian.

...whreras a late model car such as a Corvette from the year 2000 might only featch $11,000 US:

...and that's where your 2023 gas guzzler is headed Prowler. Down down down in value.
So apart from being ugly, in 10-20 years, it'll be relatively worthless. Geez, even one of my collectibles will be worth more than your car.

You paid too much and you bought dumb instead of smart.

I think Oerdin indirectly gave you a hint over at the BC but quite obviously you didn't get it.

Oh well.

Last edited: