What's the last thing you purchased?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have a 2018 Jeep Cherokee. Minus the towing package. Remember my philandering husband? He bought it for my bday

I have the Grand Cherokee. Quite a different vehicle.

Grand Cherokee owners tend to disassociate themselves with Cherokee owners, so if you'll excuse me....

How does it do on gas?

I'm looking to retire my dodge caravan. It served me well.... but I feel my minivan days are done and it's time to move on lol.

I've been looking at pick ups. No I'm not going gay.....it would just be very useful right now.

Don't buy a car now. Prices are extremely inflated due to all the factory shutdowns due to the chip shortages. Because there is so little new cars being built used car prices are up over 40% year on year right now.

In a year or so after factories are all back up and running without the chip shortages used car prices will drop back to normal and anyone who bought at the current inflated prices will be $10,000 upside down on an old used car.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I have a 2018 Jeep Cherokee. Minus the towing package. Remember my philandering husband? He bought it for my bday

Grand Cherokee owners tend to disassociate themselves with Cherokee owners, so if you'll excuse me....

How does it do on gas?

I'm looking to retire my dodge caravan. It served me well.... but I feel my minivan days are done and it's time to move on lol.

I've been looking at pick ups. No I'm not going gay.....it would just be very useful right now.

Don't buy a car now. Prices are extremely inflated due to all the factory shutdowns due to the chip shortages. Because there is so little new cars being built used car prices are up over 40% year on year right now.

In a year or so after factories are all back up and running without the chip shortages used car prices will drop back to normal and anyone who bought at the current inflated prices will be $10,000 upside down on an old used car.

Oh I know. I'm not gonna buy until the prices settle down.

But I am looking into what options I have that would suit my needs for the best deal(when prices go down) lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

How does it do on gas?

But I am looking into what options I have that would suit my needs for the best deal(when prices go down) lol.

Your best deals are going to be sedans because trucks and SUVs are hot items. The sedans sit around so the best deals are on sedans. We got my wife a Camry (2019 model year) in Nov 2019 and got $6000 off sticker. Wait a full year and you'll start seeing deals again.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

How does it do on gas?

Honestly, I don't keep track. The estimates that they put in the marketing material probably give you fair comparisons.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Will you be posting your credit card receipt again? You know, to show everyone how much wealthier you are? Maybe a diamond studded collar on that fucking thing you call a dog?

I'm actually working with a tighter budget these days so my dog has to settle for a sapphire studded collar.

Except for December.

Then we pull out the ruby and emerald studded collar to celebrate the Christmas season!!

'Ho 'Ho 'Ho!!

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
He was making a common Jeep joke.

And I was messing with him. We go way back. He’ll get it

Yeah, I know this is just the immature way you act because you have a crush on me, and expressing affection is difficult for you.

After a life of constant rejection.

I don't know if you take your Cherokee off road at all, but I highly recommend it. It's lots of fun. I don't do anything hardcore...just real rough terrain and steep hills and stuff. And all at real low speed, using a spotter when it's iffy. There's good rock crawling videos on YouTube to give you ideas. Most are extreme, but they'll give you ideas of how to navigate obstacles.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I really want to get a Toyota 4Runner some day but the new prices are so ridiculously high and the used prices are very near the new prices even for a 10 year old example.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I believe @Admin was trying to establish is that you can never have too much EVOO. The alternative is saturated fat that cloggs the arteries, whereas EVOO caresses your insides leaving nothing behind but it’s scent.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

How does it do on gas?

Your best deals are going to be sedans because trucks and SUVs are hot items. The sedans sit around so the best deals are on sedans. We got my wife a Camry (2019 model year) in Nov 2019 and got $6000 off sticker. Wait a full year and you'll start seeing deals again.

Unless war breaks out...

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

How does it do on gas?

Unless war breaks out...

planning on joining the losing side, again?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

How does it do on gas?

Unless war breaks out...

planning on joining the losing side, again?

Don't talk in my direction, squatty garden gnome...

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
los-altos-burgundy-genuine-all-over-lizard-teju-j-toe-cowboy-boots-990706-8617.jpg

Burgundy lizard leather cowboy boots for my honey. Beautiful boots. His birthday is coming up in a few months so I bought them before his size is gone.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Cat carriers.

I have 9 kittehs getting spayed/nutered/vaccinated saturday, and Sunday and Monday going to new homes.

Its gonna be rough weekend. Relief and sadness. I'm gonna miss them :( but I'm glad they are going to good homes.