What's the last thing you purchased?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Not a purchase but I caught a mouse which my cat had brought inside. I took my shirt off and used it as a net to catch the mouse, the cat had done a good job battering the mouse fairly senseless, then took the mouse out front and dropped him down the storm drain. Hopefully he decides to go some where else and doesn't just climb back up.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We need the rain. I have been to Kings Canyon many times and it is a very under rated park. Great scenery without the fame and without most of the crowds.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I can remember going to Kings Canyon, around 2005 or so, with some Indian friends including some fresh off the boat sort of Indians. I came with my usual REI complement of gear where are one Indian electrical engineer with his brand new arranged marriage wife whom he barely knew were like "why do you have a zero degree sleeping bag and a North Face competition standard tent?"

Me: "Because it gets bloody cold at 11000 feet and I do not wish to freeze."

Also me: "What exactly did you bring with you?"

Them: "We bought some canned food and a blanket off of our sofa."

Me: "You and your wife are woefully under prepared. You will need far more than that. Do you have a pad to cushion and insulate yourself from the ground? Do you not have a tent to keep the rain and the frost off?"

Them: "No, we never needed that in India."

Me: "You mean in cities in India? You are at 11,000 ft and you are going to freeze at night, man."

Them: "It is summer and I am sure we will be fine."

Me: Say absolutely nothing. At around 1am both of them packed up their things and drove 80 miles down the mountain because his arranged wife said she was freezing to death.

Fucktards.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That reminds me of something from when I was about seven years old. My dad had set it in his mind to climb Mount Whitney, the tallest mountain in California and the tallest mountain in the lower 48 state. He thought a seven year old and a nine year old would make it up and back, a 30 miles road trip, all because "in Vietnam we did..." Well it just didn't work out that way.

He had drought threw can of pork and bean but had forgotten to bring a can opener. Luckily, seven year old me had brought a collapsible fishing pole so I could catch four rainbow trout and the three of us could eat though. He had not brought sleeping bags thinking a seven years old and a nine year old could cover 30 miles in a day the same as he had done as a US infantryman.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Didn't you have a knife on you to cut into the can?

At the age of seven? No. Some nice other people lent us there can opener but it just went to show what a fuck up it was. My dad only carried one sleeping bag, he figured qe'd be up and back before the day ended because, as I said, his infantry company did more in Vietnam. He just didn't account for slower moving seven and nine year old children.

It was a mess. He didn't do it because he was malicious but he did do it. It was unrealistic expectations all around.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

At the age of seven? No. Some nice other people lent us there can opener but it just went to show what a fuck up it was. My dad only carried one sleeping bag, he figured qe'd be up and back before the day ended because, as I said, his infantry company did more in Vietnam. He just didn't account for slower moving seven and nine year old children.

It was a mess. He didn't do it because he was malicious but he did do it. It was unrealistic expectations all around.

No, meant your dad have one in his bag... perhaps the most important bit of gear outdoors.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

No, meant your dad have one in his bag... perhaps the most important bit of gear outdoors.

I had a pocket knife as a child. The handle was made from deer bone. We had a family friend who made them.

Mr. Whipple

brilliantly insane
Site Supporter
a Daisy number 118 target special BB gun vintage circa 1930 - 1950
d-FHCq0C6b7OJCFSr1VNhhuH_yodw9gmiFIpAL8HB6PuNn9-yZgqUELzxMWNc7al8hZ5Rq8=s85

Wootie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Just slapped down for 6 months on a new IPTV provider , getting ready for the UFC fight..

Lewis vs Gane?

I'm watching the early prelims now, just about time for the prelims in a few minutes from now.

The last thing I purchased was Bulgur, Broccoli, Wok Mix, COKE Zero Sugar Vanilla, and unsalted Rice cakes.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I get a monthly Grove box....I get my dish soap, vinegar wipes, carpet freshener, floor wash, reusable paper towel, eco sponges and bamboo TP once a month on like an auto thing.

I paid for it on the 5th but it showed up today, and while I was opening it Prudey was already burrowing into it lol. She does this everytime an order arrives and jumps in my bags everytime i come back from the store

I love my Prudey puff ♡

20210811-185529.jpg

20210811-185706.jpg

20210811-185552.jpg

20210811-185515.jpg

Not technically my last purchase.....but my last cutest one :D

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I totally forgot yesterday when I was at the pharmacy a honey farmer was selling close by.

So I bought this huge chunk of honeycomb and I'm picking at it. It's pretty big...larger than my hand.

Local bee puke is the best ♡

20210811-152354.jpg

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I can remember going to Kings Canyon, around 2005 or so, with some Indian friends including some fresh off the boat sort of Indians. I came with my usual REI complement of gear where are one Indian electrical engineer with his brand new arranged marriage wife whom he barely knew were like "why do you have a zero degree sleeping bag and a North Face competition standard tent?"

Me: "Because it gets bloody cold at 11000 feet and I do not wish to freeze."

Also me: "What exactly did you bring with you?"

Them: "We bought some canned food and a blanket off of our sofa."

Me: "You and your wife are woefully under prepared. You will need far more than that. Do you have a pad to cushion and insulate yourself from the ground? Do you not have a tent to keep the rain and the frost off?"

Them: "No, we never needed that in India."

Me: "You mean in cities in India? You are at 11,000 ft and you are going to freeze at night, man."

Them: "It is summer and I am sure we will be fine."

Me: Say absolutely nothing. At around 1am both of them packed up their things and drove 80 miles down the mountain because his arranged wife said she was freezing to death.

Fucktards.

Wow. That's very tolerant and understanding of you. Try to imagine you had never experienced cold weather. Fucktard.