What's the last thing you purchased?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Himalayan salt and Paolo Santo to clean my crystals for the blue full moon tonight. A bag of fresh sand for my zen garden. Sage to burn to keep the demons out. Dragons blood to keep the one I like around.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
A birthday gift for the 14 yo daughter of a friend since HS… Rose salve lip balm, a bottle of perfume, organic goats milk hand cream, and a small mani set.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A can of carburetor cleaner for my 1967 Chevy project car.

Ooooh oooh oooh… what kinda chebby?

An air cooled flat six powered Chevy Corvair with a four speed manual. It was known as the American subcompact and the American Porche. Mine is not turbocharged but I could easily add it if I wanted. I currently have two spare engines and a spare four speed manual transmission along with enough spare parts to keep it running for decades to come. I had it painted two years ago and have an all knew I terror based upon reproductions of original OEM specs.

Clark's Corvair Parts for the win.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have a four carb set up which was rated at 140hp, in the original two carb set up in the 1959 version of engine, but with four carbs, a hotter cam, and a slightly bored engine, and everything redesigned and improved in 1965... Probably around the low 200hp range. Not a barn stormed exactly but a nice little car with four wheel independent suspension, front wheel disc breaks, and with aggressive gearing it moves fairly quickly as it weights about 1/4th of contemporary American cars.

It is an affordable American classic and my father had some since 1969 and he was involved in Corvair car clubs since 1972. I am a member of the San Diego Corvair Club which he was also a member of for many decades. I find that a nice little connection to my departed father especially since he gave me this car. They were successful race cars in the mid to late 1960's.

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
A can of carburetor cleaner for my 1967 Chevy project car.

Ooooh oooh oooh… what kinda chebby?

An air cooled flat six powered Chevy Corvair with a four speed manual. It was known as the American subcompact and the American Porche. Mine is not turbocharged but I could easily add it if I wanted. I currently have two spare engines and a spare four speed manual transmission along with enough spare parts to keep it running for decades to come. I had it painted two years ago and have an all knew I terror based upon reproductions of original OEM specs.

Clark's Corvair Parts for the win.

My mom bought a Corvair for us to share and a spare car when I was in HS. I hope you post pics.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I nearly bought this inspection camera probe from Aldi...you know, to look for polyps up my butt instead of the doctor doing that checkup one day. Then I thought....nah, I’m too young for that shit just yet!

images

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It takes a little getting used to in order to drive a rear engine car air cooled car though. That puts it in the same category as Porches, air cooled VWs, and Czech Tetras.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When my father passed away my older sister got the 1969 convertible, one of only 541 produced, with just 27,000 original miles on it plus the original 4 speed manual (one of just 120 produced). I wish I got that one but, well, traded offs for other things.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I know this is going to be terrible but I am going to get a "Ch'King". The new chicken sandwich from Burger King. It is supposed to compete with Chic 'filled and Popeye's. I know this will break my diet but I want it.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I bought an Oral-B Professional Clean 4000 Rechargeable Toothbrush (pack of two) last week on sale at Costco.

Didn't one of the women around her used to use electric toothbrushes when they fantasized about me?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Ice cream. Me, my oldest and my Squish went out in out PJs for ice cream.

Then we grabbed garbage bags on the way home.