What's the last thing you purchased?

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I want to be a Republican for a day.

I want to be a white Republican MAN for a day.

I was just kidding. I really did buy a hammer and some tiny little nails for a project.

I had a feeling the hammer and nails were real.

I have this calendar frame that flew off the wall during seriously windy day and broke the backing. It won't hold up the calendar without it. New calendar frames run over $40 bucks.

I think this is more cost effective and better than tossing the old one in a landfill.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

I was just kidding. I really did buy a hammer and some tiny little nails for a project.

I have this calendar frame that flew off the wall during seriously windy day and broke the backing. It won't hold up the calendar without it. New calendar frames run over $40 bucks.

I think this is more cost effective and better than tossing the old one in a landfill.

I am the same way. I try to fix everything and if I can’t, I give it to him. He is a master tinkerer. I can’t even begin to tell you how much cool stuff we have salvaged being this way…. and how much $$$ it’s saving us.

My aunt was complaining that her patio set was going to cost almost as much to powder coat dip than it was to buy a new one. I told her to sand and spray it with the kills for outdoor spray paint. She didn’t seem to keen on the idea until I mentioned that it was going to end up in a landfill otherwise.

I need to do that to my own patio set that he inherited from his grandmother. It’s gorgeous vintage rod iron painted white. I’m going to sand it and repaint it. I saw one on Craigslist for $1400 in crap condition. It’s a shame it only has 4 seats, but he said he will build a bench so we can seat more people around it when the bbq area and fire pit are done.

I still enjoy it now. It’s where I sit and have my coffee in the morning with the dogs soaking up some morning sun, which morning sun helps you sleep better at night and reduces stress.

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I am the same way. I try to fix everything and if I can’t, I give it to him. He is a master tinkerer. I can’t even begin to tell you how much cool stuff we have salvaged being this way…. and how much $$$ it’s saving us.

My aunt was complaining that her patio set was going to cost almost as much to powder coat dip than it was to buy a new one. I told her to sand and spray it with the kills for outdoor spray paint. She didn’t seem to keen on the idea until I mentioned that it was going to end up in a landfill otherwise.

I need to do that to my own patio set that he inherited from his grandmother. It’s gorgeous vintage rod iron painted white. I’m going to sand it and repaint it. I saw one on Craigslist for $1400 in crap condition. It’s a shame it only has 4 seats, but he said he will build a bench so we can seat more people around it when the bbq area and fire pit are done.

I still enjoy it now. It’s where I sit and have my coffee in the morning with the dogs soaking up some morning sun, which morning sun helps you sleep better at night and reduces stress.

I have a bestie that is very much tinkerer and can fix most anything. He inspired me.

I love vintage wrought iron items. So beautiful. I think that set will be fine when you sand and repaint it. I hope in black.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

I have a bestie that is very much tinkerer and can fix most anything. He inspired me.

I love vintage wrought iron items. So beautiful. I think that set will be fine when you sand and repaint it. I hope in black.

I was going to do white because of the brick that is all over the patio. It looks pretty.

I will be painting the dinning room set mat black with chalkboard paint. The kids like it. We can’t decide on a set and this one fits perfect in the little dinning room. I’m buying us two new slip covered arm chairs for the heads of the table so it’s newish looking.

I got him to agree to let me wallpaper just the dining room… he hates wallpaper. Of course the only one I like so far is hand painted and will cost a small fortune that just isn’t in the judge. *ugh*

The dinning room will be the hardest for me since it’s such an epicenter for family and holidays.

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I was going to do white because of the brick that is all over the patio. It looks pretty.

I will be painting the dinning room set mat black with chalkboard paint. The kids like it. We can’t decide on a set and this one fits perfect in the little dinning room. I’m buying us two new slip covered arm chairs for the heads of the table so it’s newish looking.

I got him to agree to let me wallpaper just the dining room… he hates wallpaper. Of course the only one I like so far is hand painted and will cost a small fortune that just isn’t in the judge. *ugh*

The dinning room will be the hardest for me since it’s such an epicenter for family and holidays.

I see. Sometimes contrasting colors work well too. You want a little texture, contrast and pop of color to design. I've been doing a lot of reading about it lately.

I have been known to be too matchy matchy in the past...

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
@Lily

Happy FriYAY! I’m gonna head to the beach.

Now this is something I am jealous of...all the other shit, who gives a fuck. But the beach, that I envy anyone.

Have a great time!

I couldn’t find parking. I should have walked. DOH!

Gonna walk back?

I’m too irritated. I never wanted to come back for this very reason.

I’m in my bikini on the patio. I’m gonna spray him with the hose when he gets home lol

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Omg I got him soooooo good with the hose!

And then he overpowered me and drenched me with it before I had to run topples into the house cause he pulled my bikini stings and got it off. He was going for the bottoms, but I managed to get away. I’m still praying the neighbors weren’t watching.

The look on his face was priceless hahaha

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I sort of got 5 rims for my vehicle for free.

Gave the housemate of my son my old 2005 Jeep Wrangler Golden Eagle because it was just sitting here and collecting moss, plus he always looked after our boy during rough patches.

The other day the housemate wanted me to go with him to look at 5 tyres on rims for a 2019 Ranger that had only done 15k before swapping out for offroad tyres and steel rims.

Mine is a 2015 but the rims are exact and very fresh. Long story short, he wanted to put them on a 1990 Ford Maverick and the clearance was shit so he stopped by on the way towards giving them away and asked if I wanted them.

I only really wanted one of them as an extra spare but they're very new looking and will probably be a lifesaver one day.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
20220317-011355-1647440177769.jpg