What's the last thing you purchased?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Did a Costco shopping trip today. Spent over $600 and did not buy anything other than regular consumables.

I did get a nice donation to my baseball league a few days ago, though. A few sets of catcher gear, a bucket of balls, and a set of bases. Probably $400 worth of stuff that I will not have to buy now.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Did a Costco shopping trip today. Spent over $600 and did not buy anything other than regular consumables.

I did get a nice donation to my baseball league a few days ago, though. A few sets of catcher gear, a bucket of balls, and a set of bases. Probably $400 worth of stuff that I will not have to buy now.
Costco just arrived in Oz. Is it really a great place to shop as far as bargains and discounts go? They’re asking for an annual membership fee…

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Costco just arrived in Oz. Is it really a great place to shop as far as bargains and discounts go? They’re asking for an annual membership fee…

It is worth it in Canada for my wife and I. We get the Executive membership which costs I think about $120 a year, but it gets you 2% cash back (that is on top of any cash back you get with your credit card). Our cash back has always been more than the cost of the membership. But we do shop there a lot.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

It is worth it in Canada for my wife and I. We get the Executive membership which costs I think about $120 a year, but it gets you 2% cash back (that is on top of any cash back you get with your credit card). Our cash back has always been more than the cost of the membership. But we do shop there a lot.
Sounds reasonable. It’s also $60.00 each here as well. I’ll check it out for sure.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's what we have. Cosco is awesome.

We are on our way to the county clerks office two hours away because my mom needs documents for her SSI. Because Fred's dead.

Anyway we just bought coffees and water and gas.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
$700.00 insurance excess for my wife. An over-sized truck scraped the side of her car. The truck driver weeped and wailed and carried on like an angry frog in a sock multilevel my wife admitted that she was in the wrong. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. At least my wife came out unscathed from the ordeal. One of my biggest fears is to be mangled in a road accident. No thanks…

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
A crown for the implant worked to be finished on a tooth.. It's weird having that kind of work done in your mouth. Drills, ratchets, and what not...even though it was completely pain free, the knowledge someone is drilling a screw into your head is freaky.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
$249.95 for the youngest's 12th birthday party. This includes four pizzas, bread sticks, chicken wings as well as chicken nuggets with dipping sauces, an hour of bumper cars, one hour of laser tag, one hour of two lanes of bowling, as well as 25 plays at video games per kid for 12 kids. Unlimited soda and salad bar is also included as well as cake and ice cream for 12 kids. Balloons and party decorations included. It still seems rather rich to me but my wife insisted.

Hopefully the kids have fun. Bonus: It is less than one mile from home, has a full bar, as well as a pool hall but that costs extra. I figure if I get out for less than $500 then I am in good shape. You know adults will want drinks, appetizers, and some more stuff. Their business model seems to relay upon that.

Last edited:

X

xXx
Site Supporter
I bought some fancy beer and Hustler mag
goodtimeZz

busterkeaton-what.gif

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
$249.95 for the youngest's 12th birthday party. This includes four pizzas, bread sticks, chicken wings as well as chicken nuggets with dipping sauces, an hour of bumper cars, one hour of laser tag, one hour of two lanes of bowling, as well as 25 plays at video games per kid for 12 kids. Unlimited soda and salad bar is also included as well as cake and ice cream for 12 kids. Balloons and party decorations included. It still seems rather rich to me but my wife insisted.

Hopefully the kids have fun. Bonus: It is less than one mile from home, has a full bar, as well as a pool hall but that costs extra. I figure if I get out for less than $500 then I am in good shape. You know adults will want drinks, appetizers, and some more stuff. Their business model seems to relay upon that.

I'm all for those package deals. By the time you do run around buying food, decorations, cake, goodie bags, etc...you've already spent much more. Then you have to clean up after all the kids.

This is why I did the same type of thing you did when the kids were a little bigger.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
New: sectional sofa, decorative pillows, drapes/sheer/hardware, and a throw blanket for his leather chair.

Estate Sale: a decorative plate/bowl kinda thingy for my dinning room, which I found out is signed and worth over $800 ~ I paid $38, a lovely settee and 3 vases.

Future purchase: slip cover for the settee.

Sounds like you're making lots of change to your beach home. Fun!

Oh my goodness….

I stripped and sanded all of the 1940s paneling, doors and windows (which are in surprisingly good condition) in the den. I stained and/or painted everything in the entire room. He rewired everything, installed recessed ceiling lights, USB outlets, and a panel with dimmers that controls the entire room, and he installed the custom flooring which he was able to get flush enough that it will be seamless when we install the Spanish tile in the kitchen floor. I need to stain the floor trim molding and he gets to install it and then I get to decorate and then the den is DONE and ready to be decorated.

Ooh I forgot to add….

FREE: a HUGE wool rug my neighbor gave me that she paid a small fortune for that I’m hopeful I can salvage with a good cleaning. It’s cream colored and the edges are grey from dust. She didn’t want to bother with it and said it was mine it I wanted it. He calls it the trash rug because cabrón!

We.did the canister light three years ago. The contractor didn't get them perfectly square, they are a few degrees off, but the do well with the ceiling fan.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Bunch of locking lid plastic food containers for a vehicle kitchen unit (rice, pasta, flour, salt, sugar, legumes, coffee, tea).

mastersplither

Factory Bastard
moonshine from TennEsSeE, 2 belts, a shot glass from KentuckY and a kit-kat mint chocolate duo those fuckers are gonna kill me before anything

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Haha got a little wasted last night and bought a bunch of munchies,

Reese peanut butter cups with Reeses Pieces inside, smae but with potato chips inside and Reese Peanut butter brownies, bag of Ketchup Kettle chips, bag of Wine Gums, Bag of Hot Cajun Trail mix, can of Chunky Beef Stew and a Loaf of bread.. sigh

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

:LOL3:

Really it's just for mix, grabbed a 1.14l Bacardi White Rum for 15 bucks of a booster.. also heard about the Dr Pepper cream soda flavor and felt remencent of when Canada used to have A&W cream soda..

I never drink pop usaully fruit juice..

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

:LOL3:

Really it's just for mix, grabbed a 1.14l Bacardi White Rum for 15 bucks of a booster.. also heard about the Dr Pepper cream soda flavor and felt remencent of when Canada used to have A&W cream soda..

I never drink pop usaully fruit juice..

cream soda is just cola with vanilla added but i think the real thing in the old days was cola, milk AND vanilla extract

Ya this one's a flop.. it's exactly that just Dr Pepper with Vanilla extract.. at least A&W added caramel .. sooo good .. miss that shit