Floriduh in the Covid thick of it again

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
235893414_10157993691110598_5360323308457883543_n.jpg

So you are hoping the ones not butchered in abortion catch covid in school.

Awesome.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Mississippi bad now, too.

A Mississippi nurse said she quit her job in the ICU because she doesn't 'have any strength left' after seeing her hospital overwhelmed amid low vaccination rates
  • Jen Sartin cited exhaustion and mental strain as her reason for switching departments.
  • Mississippi is
    Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
    amid the spread of the Delta variant.
An intensive care unit nurse is switching jobs, citing exhaustion and mental strain after working in a hospital overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients in a state where the vaccination rate is low amid the threat of the Delta variant.

"I don't have any strength left. Honestly, I've given so much I can't keep going," Jen Sartin, a nurse at Singing River Health System in Ocean Springs, Mississippi, said. "That's why I decided to move to a different department because it's affected me in ways I never thought possible."

"And it's not going to get better, and I have to protect myself and my family and my sanity," Sartin said. "Because if people aren't doing what they need to do to protect us, you know, we're human. We're not robots. We're not machines. We can't continue to do this forever at this capacity."

Data from the
shows that only an estimated 36% of people are fully vaccinated in Mississippi. The rise in COVID-19 cases has resulted in an overflow of patients in hospitals. As
the largest hospital in the state had to create an alternative care site in its parking garage to accommodate patients.

On Thursday, Alan Jones of the University of Mississippi Medical Center said that the uptick in cases could lead to

The pandemic has caused
. For Sartin, her decision comes as the
and as more
. She said: "I've seen more death than I thought I would see in my entire life."

Admin.

Silent Scream, try to tear your face apart.
Site Supporter ☠️

A Mississippi nurse said she quit her job in the ICU because she doesn't 'have any strength left' after seeing her hospital overwhelmed amid low vaccination rates
  • Jen Sartin cited exhaustion and mental strain as her reason for switching departments.
  • Mississippi is
An intensive care unit nurse is switching jobs, citing exhaustion and mental strain after working in a hospital overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients in a state where the vaccination rate is low amid the threat of the Delta variant.

"I don't have any strength left. Honestly, I've given so much I can't keep going," Jen Sartin, a nurse at Singing River Health System in Ocean Springs, Mississippi, said. "That's why I decided to move to a different department because it's affected me in ways I never thought possible."

"And it's not going to get better, and I have to protect myself and my family and my sanity," Sartin said. "Because if people aren't doing what they need to do to protect us, you know, we're human. We're not robots. We're not machines. We can't continue to do this forever at this capacity."

Data from the
shows that only an estimated 36% of people are fully vaccinated in Mississippi. The rise in COVID-19 cases has resulted in an overflow of patients in hospitals. As
the largest hospital in the state had to create an alternative care site in its parking garage to accommodate patients.

On Thursday, Alan Jones of the University of Mississippi Medical Center said that the uptick in cases could lead to

The pandemic has caused
and as more
. She said: "I've seen more death than I thought I would see in my entire life."

Well Mississippi does border Haiti, so...

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

• Mississippi is

Data from the

The pandemic has caused
and as more

Yes, that makes sense.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Local ER wait times remain at 180 seconds

must beaming all those Covid patients directly into the ICU right now

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

• Mississippi is

Data from the

The pandemic has caused
and as more

Lotus its BEEN bad in MS.

Its BEEN bad in LA(Baton Rouge hospital was literally out of beds on August 2nd.....and it was like that for 2 weeks by the time it was talked about). Its been bad in Oklahoma.

Like I pointed out, the focus and the framing of the outbreak in Florida has been propaganda. Florida was singled out for partisan political reasons, to smear and attack DeSantis because he is governing differently then democrats. That's why Baton Rouge isnt being reported on even though it's awful there. The governor is a democrat and they have these mandates.

"Edwards took the weekend to look over data with state and health officials before determining his decision. The state is currently in a 4th surge with cases rising each day."

I mean how nice he took the weekend to go over the data after Covid had been overwhelming the states largest hospital for weeks at that point.

DeSantis had already been meeting and working with hospitals to help medical professionals tackle their outbreak. He gets targeted because he doesnt mandate things. That doesn't mean he against them....it means he knows his residents are capable of making decisions and that people....especailly people on the right....are more likely to do the things when the government isnt trying to force it.

You put a mask mandate in Florida, people will refuse. He KNOWS that. You try to mandate vaccines you'll cause people who likely would have gotten one to decide not to get one because people dont trust the government and the urge to buck back is pretty strong these days. The black community(democrat voting black community as well) are straight up REFUSING to take the vaccine.

I do not understand why you guys think mandates are going to make everyone comply.

Anyway Covid has been surging all over the country. As much as you guys want to blame Republicans, the reality is that its VERY likely the Biden administration's fault for allowing floods of immigrants....thousands who were known Covid positive....into the country AND carted all over the place. This hysterical and dishonest focus on Florida and DeSantis is just another GovCo partisan propaganda to get people looking at that and blaming the Republican and not paying attention to the FACT this administration just sent covid infected immigrants all over the country. People are now programmed to have a stronger emotional response to the way DeSantis was painted than they are to hearing about the infected immigrants. That's how propaganda works.

It's disgusting that this outbreak is being used for political benefit. We can either continue infighting and hating eachother or we can unite against this this evil fucking administration that is actively and directly harming the people. I mean people are so pumped on GovCo propaganda they are not even LOOKING at the real problem anymore.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

• Mississippi is

Data from the

The pandemic has caused
and as more

So you just make up what other people say and run with it no matter how wrong it is.

And you guys think that's so clever. I'm not sure if you are incapable of understanding what people say or you are just a natural gaslighter/liar.

I have a feeling you call all your exs psychos though.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

• Mississippi is

Data from the

The pandemic has caused
and as more

So you just make up what other people say and run with it no matter how wrong it is.

And you guys think that's so clever. I'm not sure if you are incapable of understanding what people say or you are just a natural gaslighter/liar.

OMG. It was a joke.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

• Mississippi is

Data from the

The pandemic has caused
and as more

OMG. It was a joke.

I know what he was saying. He continually twists my words for "jokes". Its not funny if it's a lie.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

• Mississippi is

Data from the

The pandemic has caused
and as more

OMG. It was a joke.

I know what he was saying. He continually twists my words for "jokes". Its not funny if it's a lie.

It's funny if you appreciate jokes.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Amber Jamieson
Fri, August 13, 2021, 10:25 PM

The calls came fast, first with a cardiac arrest case, next with multiple patients who were having trouble breathing, and all were suspected to have COVID. Usually, Stew Eubanks, a paramedic in Sumter County, Florida, deals with lots of minor emergencies, but now it’s mainly life-threatening cases. After a nonstop 24 hours, his Wednesday shift ended with another cardiac arrest.

“It’s bad right now,” Eubanks, 39, told BuzzFeed News. “We’re stacking patients in the hallways, stacking patients in the waiting room.”

Florida’s hospitals are filling up, with nearly 85% of inpatient hospital beds occupied, according to the Florida Hospital Association’s
. In the last week, the state has averaged more than 20,000 new COVID-19 cases a day, with nearly 15,000 people hospitalized. That’s shattered previous case records for the state, and COVID-19 deaths, which had been steadily declining since February, are also steeply rising.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
fha-logo.png

HHS Statewide COVID-19 Update:

Current Confirmed COVID-19 Hospitalizations: 14,787

Percent of Previous Peak (7/23/20): 145%

Inpatient Bed Utilization (all patients): 84.9%

Inpatient ICU Bed Utilization (adults): 89.7%

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Isn't it like 4 am where you are, @Dove?

Yep. I actually laid down around 7ish (pm...last night) with Squish to watch a kid movie and we both fell asleep. And I woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep.

So I brewed some coffee and accepted it lol

I'm just chilling here with my coffee thinking about starting my laundry.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Yep. I actually laid down around 7ish (pm...last night) with Squish to watch a kid movie and we both fell asleep. And I woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep.

Bummer.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Bummer.

It happens.

Sometimes my mother gets up in the middle of the night and starts crashing around in the kitchen so I need to get up and help her.

I'm getting used to sleep deprivation

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Amber Jamieson
Fri, August 13, 2021, 10:25 PM

The calls came fast, first with a cardiac arrest case, next with multiple patients who were having trouble breathing, and all were suspected to have COVID. Usually, Stew Eubanks, a paramedic in Sumter County, Florida, deals with lots of minor emergencies, but now it’s mainly life-threatening cases. After a nonstop 24 hours, his Wednesday shift ended with another cardiac arrest.

“It’s bad right now,” Eubanks, 39, told BuzzFeed News. “We’re stacking patients in the hallways, stacking patients in the waiting room.”

Florida’s hospitals are filling up, with nearly 85% of inpatient hospital beds occupied, according to the Florida Hospital Association’s
. In the last week, the state has averaged more than 20,000 new COVID-19 cases a day, with nearly 15,000 people hospitalized. That’s shattered previous case records for the state, and COVID-19 deaths, which had been steadily declining since February, are also steeply rising.

It's bad in several states and has been. Even states with democrat governors like Louisianna who have mandates.

What's shitty is how hospitals getting overwhelmed cannot spread the patients out to other hospitals....which would really help. At least through the outbreak.

In every country delta surged like this...it peaked and crashed. I hope it happens the same way here by Sept.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Iceland did it right.

Early in the pandemic last year, authorities limited travel to Iceland and got busy tracing contacts and quarantining exposed residents while also enforcing strong social-distancing measures. Mask-wearing was widespread and uncontroversial.

There were waves of infection, but they were never very bad. The first wave, in the spring of 2020, resulted in a few thousand confirmed cases. A second wave that fall added a few thousand more. Going into its third and most recent wave starting mid-July, the country had tallied
(2 percent of the population) and
(.008 percent).

Meanwhile, while Iceland was locking down, Americans
to protest even the most modest social-distancing measures. Where Icelanders dutifully wore masks, right-wing media in the United States convinced millions of followers that masks were symbols of oppression.

Heading into this summer’s Delta surge, the United States had registered
(10 percent of the population) and
(.18 percent). Cases and deaths were an order of magnitude worse in the U.S. than in Iceland.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Bummer.

It happens.

Sometimes my mother gets up in the middle of the night and starts crashing around in the kitchen so I need to get up and help her.

Yeah, I'm used to it, too. But it ain't good.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Yeah closing the border helps.

If America closed its border until this was under control we would have done much better but the Biden administration has allowed thousands of Covid positive immigrants over the border and carted them all over the country.

If we were properly using proper masks we could lower the infection rate.

I mean the key is in an effective vaccine and getting enough of the population vaccinated where herd immunity will kick in.

A big part of effective leadership is having the trust and respect of the people and knowing the people you are leading/representing. Mandates are not working.

If things were more transparent and less political we would probably be doing as good as Iceland then. I think dismissing Americans complaints as them just being mad at mild socail distancing measures is unfair and dishonest....the grievances are very valid and a predictable consequence of hyper partisan division, politicizing of a pandemic and general mistrust of the government and media. Well earned mistrust.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Bummer.

It happens.

Yeah, I'm used to it, too. But it ain't good.

Nope it sucks. My moms doctor started her on some new meds to help her sleep and I bought some powder melatonin, lavender stuff I've been giving her in sleep tea (with her consent....I'm not drugging her lol) and that's been helping her stay asleep.

But my sleep schedule is so messed up now.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

If America closed its border until this was under control we would have done much better but the Biden administration has allowed thousands of Covid positive immigrants over the border and carted them all over the country.

I mean the key is in an effective vaccine and getting enough of the population vaccinated where herd immunity will kick in.

A big part of effective leadership is having the trust and respect of the people and knowing the people you are leading/representing. Mandates are not working.

If things were more transparent and less political we would probably be doing as good as Iceland then. I think dismissing Americans complaints as them just being mad at mild socail distancing measures is unfair and dishonest....the grievances are very valid and a predictable consequence of hyper partisan division, politicizing of a pandemic and general mistrust of the government and media. Well earned mistrust.

Trump should have closed the borders to Europeans and Brits at the very start of this. That's where most of the cases were coming from, and why NY was hardest hit first. But all he could talk about was Jina, Jina, Jina.

Masks and social distancing were mandated in Portugal. It has worked better than the free for all in the US. And no one here threw any hissy fits about it.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
A friend of mine told me that back when the pandemic started, people were dying from pneumonia because the nurses were too busy to clean the ventilators. They were getting infections like crazy. They listed these pneumonia deaths as COVID deaths, this the high numbers. I don’t know how true it is, but she was there in the hospital with her son who has been in a coma for almost a year.

The Doc told me to get the pneumonia vaccine last year, Countess Queenie.

So I did.

I think when China made the virus using Gain of Function, they stitched it together with pneumonia, meningitis, Shingles & a bunch of others. & That's why I think these viruses are showing up in patients with COVID.

That's why other vaccines appear to offer some cross-protection against the virus.

All of those symptoms can happen with any serious respiratory virus, Joe.

All Gain of Function did was take a bat virus and making it transmissible to humans. Which is all it needed to do.

I think they did more to the original virus than that, Dovey.

China musta packed that coronavirus with something else to make it as lethal as it is.

ie -Tuberculousis doesn't cause shingles.

And Catching the common cold does not yield meningitis and cause the patients to require amputations.

It''s the equivalent of a guy going into the boxing ring with his gloves packed with lead weights and a bag of nails.

Of course its gonna pack a greater punch and do a lotta damage to his opponent.

I just don't see how it's possible for COVID to cause symptoms consistent with other diseases such as pneumonia, meningitis, shingles and more ...in a single patient!

It doesn't seem logical. One disease doesn't/shouldn't cause symptoms consitent with another. Or cause 8 others. It's like making wter into wine. Or lead into gold.

I think China is practising biowarfare.

Except it is not lethal. 99.97% of people live. Literally more people, on average, die of the flu.

10 times more people have died of Covid. Where do you get off with that total bullshit claim? It's very easy to look up past records of yearly death from the flu. And deaths from Covid. Covid deaths are far greater than flu deaths.
You have not been reading the right Psychics LotusBud. Slyvia Brown knows, even though she's been dead for sometime.

Well, but didn't I ever mention I'm psychic? And I'm a better one than Ms Brown.
Gypsy bullshit! I like Russian Caravan tea a lot!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Trump should have closed the borders to Europeans and Brits at the very start of this. That's where most of the cases were coming from, and why NY was hardest hit first. But all he could talk about was Jina, Jina, Jina.

Masks and social distancing were mandated in Portugal. It has worked better than the free for all in the US. And no one here threw any hissy fits about it.

When Trump closed the borders, we only had 2 confirmed cases and no deaths. And when he did it was already being politicized and pushed back on.

Yeah Portugal is a much small country with much different dynamics.

Socail distancing and masks were mandated in America. It wasnt a free for all. I think it was just South Dakota that refused to mandate anything and that state did pretty good.

The hyperpartisan politicizing of the pandemic and the lack of transparency .....and the outright distortions and lies, has eroded trust in the media and government.

That's the consequences of a deeply divided country and it's looking like that isnt going to change ANY time soon.

And all the reasons why we are divided and why people dont trust the government or media are still full force with no accountability. People dont want unity and cooperation. They want superiority and control. So....we can enjoy the fruits of that.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Bummer.
Some civility I see... @lotusButt

giphy.gif

Hush dont ruin it.

Several brief exchanges and she hasnt called me batshit or stupid yet.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Bummer.

giphy.gif

Hush dont ruin it.

It’s tiring seeing her talk about IQ levels at the best of times. She thinks only sanely clever people go to University! Fucking lol!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Bummer.

giphy.gif

Hush dont ruin it.

It’s tiring seeing her talk about IQ levels at the best of times. She thinks only sanely clever people go to University! Fucking lol!

Shes not doing that right now though!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Bummer.

giphy.gif

Hush dont ruin it.

Shes not doing that right now though!
I’ve begged her to have a general trivia quiz go here and I can chip in some $$$ to the kitty...and she refuses. You should enter too...you’ll be savvy!