THIS SHIT CHANGES EVERY DAY

Phester0boyle

Factory Bastard
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Stop Saying 'People of Color' When You Mean Black

"People of color" or POCs as it's known in shorthand is a term that activists came up with back in the 70s to replace the commonly used terms "non-white" or "minority." The use of POC was seen as a way of centering the non-white narrative, giving minoritized people back their subjectivity in a sense. And it caught on, becoming commonplace in the media by the 90s.

The problem is when you use the term "people of color" when what you mean is Black. Yet most black newspeople say "POC".
This is intentional to further grind your mangy white bawls to guacamole.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Why do you worry so much, call them whatever you like, they call each other niggers, so that will do...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

"People of color" or POCs as it's known in shorthand is a term that activists came up with back in the 70s to replace the commonly used terms "non-white" or "minority." The use of POC was seen as a way of centering the non-white narrative, giving minoritized people back their subjectivity in a sense. And it caught on, becoming commonplace in the media by the 90s.

The problem is when you use the term "people of color" when what you mean is Black. Yet most black newspeople say "POC".

I've pointed this out to woke people and they just get butt hurt and accuse me of tokenism. Which ironically is exactly what woke white people do.

Every black person I know hates being called a "poc". They know it's being said because the one using it sees word "black" as offensive. Like being called black is bad. Its insulting if you are just referencing black people.

My friends grandma said it was just as bad as being called "nigger" when white people call black people any variation of "colored".

Its definately not new. It's been pissing off black people for a long time.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

I've pointed this out to woke people and they just get butt hurt and accuse me of tokenism. Which ironically is exactly what woke white people do.

Every black person I know hates being called a "poc". They know it's being said because the one using it sees word "black" as offensive. Like being called black is bad. Its insulting if you are just referencing black people.

My friends grandma said it was just as bad as being called "nigger" when white people call black people any variation of "colored".

Its definately not new. It's been pissing off black people for a long time.

Yeah, all the blacks I ever knew, hated to be called colored people. They actually think white people change more color than they do lol. Because they stay the same color, while whites go red if embarassed or sunburnt, or tan different shades, or go pale when sick, etc.

My one black friend I worked with didnt like being called black either, cause he was half black half Cherokee. He would say "I aint black! Im Pecan Tan!" hahahaha.