What makes a good podcast?

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I wanted to place this thread somewhere in the Assembly Line but none of the subs there seemed a good fit.

So, the question: what makes a good podcast?

Theme? Content? Personality? Technical quality? Quality guests? Scalable target audience?

Is there really anything new under the sun that is worth an ear for a minute or an hour? If so, what?

For a while there, I was this close to volunteering my time as host of my own radio show on the local university circuit, but I couldn't decide on an angle (even though I had a massive--and massively infectious--playlist on standby).

Maybe I'm just not enough of a narcissist to think I could pull this off?

But this new Callin "social podcasting" platform intrigues me. You don't need to be good or clever or witty; you just need to be Martini.

Or am I missing something here?

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
I think everything you listed is pretty much it. I think it does take a bit of confidence too. You’ll never know until you give it a try.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I'd listen to that. Maybe even accompany you on the Kegelhorn.

I think I may have a good voice for an audio stream. Some may find my slight French accent a romantic distraction, though.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I'd listen to that. Maybe even accompany you on the Kegelhorn.

I think I may have a good voice for an audio stream. Some may find my slight French accent a romantic distraction, though.

You should post a Vocaroo. I'd be happy to hear your voice...especially if you recorded in French.

You do French, I'll do Spanish, de acuerdo?

Master

Won't post at a forum CDunce has a panel at
Site Supporter

It depends.

My opinion, fun. If your not having fun doing it then you shouldn’t. Same with YouTube videos. Do it because you love making them and putting your opinion out there.

Production is irrelevant. There’s apps out there that can make anything sound perfect. You just need a good microphone.

Chemistry- me,SSS, and Iggy have excellent chemistry. If your going to have multiple speakers, one person has to lead at all times. I’m doing it now only because I have more experience doing it, but these two are gems.

And be comfortable. Be funny. Be you. That’s the best advice I can give.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It depends.

My opinion, fun. If your not having fun doing it then you shouldn’t. Same with YouTube videos. Do it because you love making them and putting your opinion out there.

Production is irrelevant. There’s apps out there that can make anything sound perfect. You just need a good microphone.

Chemistry- me,SSS, and Iggy have excellent chemistry. If your going to have multiple speakers, one person has to lead at all times. I’m doing it now only because I have more experience doing it, but these two are gems.

If you could hear my family when we're on a roll. I was told years ago by someone I was dating that we could be bigger than many reality shows that were out at the time.

We're funny AF.

Master

Won't post at a forum CDunce has a panel at
Site Supporter

It depends.

If you could hear my family when we're on a roll. I was told years ago by someone I was dating that we could be bigger than many reality shows that were out at the time.

We're funny AF.
You should make a podcast.

Podcasts are fun. When SG had everyone making them that place was at its pinnacle

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It depends.

We're funny AF.
You should make a podcast.

Podcasts are fun. When SG had everyone making them that place was at its pinnacle

We're pretty spontaneous though. Maybe I can figure this out one day.

So, my son-in-law, daughter, son, partner...me, trolls one another pretty hard.

I poked fun at my SIL's balding head after he poked at me. I said something like "don't let your hair fall out"...over something...

Anyway, he said at least my head shines...I said to him "I said you were bald, not bright." His brother laughed so hard he fell out of his chair at the dinner table...lmfao

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Very few folks have heard my voice... Cronus/Kiebers, Bec/Irina, Rotwang, Starling, and Freud. The phone convos lasted more than sixty seconds so I reckon my accent can't be that bad.

Sure, @Lily I'll do Franco Phonics if you do Hispano Phonics. I'll have to buy a mic, though.

It could be fun to choose a short text or excerpt and we each translate it. You do it in your tongue, I do it in mine.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Very few folks have heard my voice... Cronus/Kiebers, Bec/Irina, Rotwang, Starling, and Freud. The phone convos lasted more than sixty seconds so I reckon my accent can't be that bad.

Sure, @Lily I'll do Franco Phonics if you do Hispano Phonics. I'll have to buy a mic, though.

It could be fun to choose a short text or excerpt and we each translate it. You do it in your tongue, I do it in mine.
Yes, we can do that.

No rush on the mic, when you have the time, drop me a pm and we can do it...

X

xXx
Site Supporter
a good podcast starts with a captivating voice, not a nasely whiny syveszter the cat

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️

X

xXx
Site Supporter
a good podcast starts with a captivating voice, not a nasely whiny syveszter the cat
Sylvester?
yes, the Caat... are you familar ?
Suffering succotash? Yep.
Iggy ...
What?
I seen you here before than yoo lef
Yes stinkyfinger, I know.

OH shit !! LOL

yoo know :Happy5:

.. yeh well I'm better and don't bother people anymoar ... BF says yer five O'n me fer shitpoasts LOL

I'm not much in the caring for politics er shit just a smile here an there so come at me easy okay bro'ess

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I wanted to place this thread somewhere in the Assembly Line but none of the subs there seemed a good fit.

So, the question: what makes a good podcast?

Theme? Content? Personality? Technical quality? Quality guests? Scalable target audience?

Is there really anything new under the sun that is worth an ear for a minute or an hour? If so, what?

For a while there, I was this close to volunteering my time as host of my own radio show on the local university circuit, but I couldn't decide on an angle (even though I had a massive--and massively infectious--playlist on standby).

Maybe I'm just not enough of a narcissist to think I could pull this off?

But this new Callin "social podcasting" platform intrigues me. You don't need to be good or clever or witty; you just need to be Martini.

Or am I missing something here?

A good rapport with your guest and(or) audience. Holding similar views and values. Being entertaining without making it all about oneself. Been able to have a genuine laugh. Capturing an audience with relevant “content” and humour. Not singling out any particular individual for the sole purpose of mockery time and time and time again…

Not allowing Mongtini to host one.

images