I am in severe fucking pain

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard
And I KNOW it's my kidney. The whole left side of my body is killing me.

This is the worst i felt in 3 years.

So my husband calls and tells me he will come home right now. And i tell him I'm "good".

I'm reading the ER reviews for the hospital out here and i do NOT want to go to the hospital.

But i have to. Because i cannot sit here like this

I literally told my husband I was "good". I'm definately not okay at all. And I'm posting about it. I'm sitting here posting about it.

You guys.....the ER reviews are terrible and my mother is sitting here bitching at me about infections. People talking about how dirty the ER. Sitting for hours and hours. People with covid spewing face goo everywhere. I really REALLY do not want to go to the stupid hospital.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Dang, sorry to hear that Dovey

Getting sick sucks and indeed, at times like these, even worse

You might go to the hospital with one thing and come out with something worse

I know someone who broke a leg right at the start of this shit and to avoid multiple visits to the hospital and surgery, they decided to use a cast instead of screws and plates. And you can't say anything because it's "protocol".

Hang in there. Do you drink enough water? You should if you have kidney problems.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

So my husband calls and tells me he will come home right now. And i tell him I'm "good".

I'm reading the ER reviews for the hospital out here and i do NOT want to go to the hospital.

I literally told my husband I was "good". I'm definately not okay at all. And I'm posting about it. I'm sitting here posting about it.

You guys.....the ER reviews are terrible and my mother is sitting here bitching at me about infections. People talking about how dirty the ER. Sitting for hours and hours. People with covid spewing face goo everywhere. I really REALLY do not want to go to the stupid hospital.
GET TO THE HOSPITAL!!!! I know it sucks but you need to go, you might end up in unbearable pain or worse! Go now Dovey!

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I've had kidney pain before just through drinking and it was agony nevermind having long term bother like you have, you'll need it checked out =(

I removed the other thread for you, double posted for some reason...

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard
Dang, sorry to hear that Dovey

Getting sick sucks and indeed, at times like these, even worse

You might go to the hospital with one thing and come out with something worse

I know someone who broke a leg right at the start of this shit and to avoid multiple visits to the hospital and surgery, they decided to use a cast instead of screws and plates. And you can't say anything because it's "protocol".

Hang in there. Do you drink enough water? You should if you have kidney problems.

I drink damn near two gallons of water a day.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard
Its gonna take him like two hours to get home.

You dont understand. I live in MI. The hospitals are not "over flowed" per say but the gotdamn ERS are fucking cesspools of people who think they have Covid, people who do have Covid, drug seekers, and norovirus. And they are all short staffed. I mean SHORT staffed. So short staffed I SHOULD be working. But I'm not because fuck that.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

You dont understand. I live in MI. The hospitals are not "over flowed" per say but the gotdamn ERS are fucking cesspools of people who think they have Covid, people who do have Covid, drug seekers, and norovirus. And they are all short staffed. I mean SHORT staffed. So short staffed I SHOULD be working. But I'm not because fuck that.
Can you wait two hours though? Just phone an ambulance, I would...

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

GET TO THE HOSPITAL!!!! I know it sucks but you need to go, you might end up in unbearable pain or worse! Go now Dovey!

I'm drinking kratom tea and taking motrin and laying on a heating pad.

I'm thinking I can try to get through the night and call my regular doctors tomorrow.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

Over here they turn people away from the main regional hospital, everybody with covid symptoms are sent to the smaller units around the city where they do the triage. If they're positive, they are sent home if they have mild symptoms. They only admit those who are starting to feel shortness of breath.

They try to keep the main ER "clean" because in Brazoo, the violence epidemic is always going on.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I'm thinking I can try to get through the night and call my regular doctors tomorrow.
Well if you can handle it and save yourself a trip to the ER then good good... Does that Kratom get you stoned?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

I am definitely not calling an ambulance lol.

Everyone will be all up in my business coming over here and shit. No.

Shamp you are talking to someone who was supposed to have the lower half of their kidney removed 2 years ago but didnt because I was "alright"

I'm gonna die over something that was totally preventable because I'm that level asshole lol. And I'm at peace with that.

Even my husband has admitted if he ends up diabetic he will just die because he isnt gonna change his diet lol

I feel bad I panicked and posted this but I needed to talk about it and I dont want everyone in my house up in my face right now lol

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Shamp you are talking to someone who was supposed to have the lower half of their kidney removed 2 years ago but didnt because I was "alright"

I'm gonna die over something that was totally preventable because I'm that level asshole lol. And I'm at peace with that.

Even my husband has admitted if he ends up diabetic he will just die because he isnt gonna change his diet lol

I feel bad I panicked and posted this but I needed to talk about it and I dont want everyone in my house up in my face right now lol
Hey, talk about whatever the fuck you like, have you seen what admin posts? lol
I hate a fuss too... I phoned my gran when I was having those chest pains and she told me to phone an ambulance but I waited it out, I know I've contradicted myself here but it's easier telling someone else the right thing to do than it is actually doing it yourself haha

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

Well if you can handle it and save yourself a trip to the ER then good good... Does that Kratom get you stoned?

Yeah it can. Usually if I get bad like this it takes IV diluaded twice with torodol.

But i have ZERO tolerance right now having not taken anything in year for pain outside of the occasional kratom when chronic pelvic pain is too stubborn(I have Crystal's in my bladder from all this).

You know what my urologist tried to do to me over the bladder issue? He wanted to inject botox into my bladder. While I'm awake, btw.

I'm such a bad ass but I cry like a bitch when they so much as pull out a stent. I've had stents like 12 times since this started. Just the thought of anything messing around my bladder freaks me out so bad.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Yeah it can. Usually if I get bad like this it takes IV diluaded twice with torodol.

But i have ZERO tolerance right now having not taken anything in year for pain outside of the occasional kratom when chronic pelvic pain is too stubborn(I have Crystal's in my bladder from all this).

You know what my urologist tried to do to me over the bladder issue? He wanted to inject botox into my bladder. While I'm awake, btw.

I'm such a bad ass but I cry like a bitch when they so much as pull out a stent. I've had stents like 12 times since this started. Just the thought of anything messing around my bladder freaks me out so bad.
I thought stents were for widening arteries or is that just one of their uses?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

Hey, talk about whatever the fuck you like, have you seen what admin posts? lol
I hate a fuss too... I phoned my gran when I was having those chest pains and she told me to phone an ambulance but I waited it out, I know I've contradicted myself here but it's easier telling someone else the right thing to do than it is actually doing it yourself haha

I'm the same way. Im much better telling other people what to do.

But I'll sit here and die of sepsis before I call an ambulance to come in here and embarrass me :LOL3:

My husband is apparently coming home anyway because he knows that lol. So he has to come watch lol

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

Just one use.

They will put stents in bladders. I've had them go all the way from the kidney to bladder so when you are passing stones after they blast them....they are not ripping up your ureter and causing severe pain and infections.

They are miserable fucking things.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Just one use.

They will put stents in bladders. I've had them go all the way from the kidney to bladder so when you are passing stones after they blast them....they are not ripping up your ureter and causing severe pain and infections.

They are miserable fucking things.
Every day is a school day =)

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard
How're your vitals?

My oxygen sat is 100. My pulse 120. BP 158/92.

I'm alive :D
Pulse and bp is a little high as you know, when I had my hip replaced my BP had spiked up to that area and they almost postponed the procedure.

Its pain.

I know some people can have severe pain and their vitals wont show it. Mine always do. My heart pounds and get shakey. One time my BP was 190/245 from kidney stone pain. I was in the ER when I saw that....thank God because it terrified me lol.

Its sucks. They didnt freak out over it. They gave me meds and told me it was from the stress of pain.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

You have to feel bad about nothing, feeling pain is horrible and if you feel like letting it out, you should do it

Even if it's to talk a little bullshit to take your attention away from the soreness, you do what you need to

I'm here thinking how the heck you drink two gallons of water LOL

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I found this picture on Foolsbook, it's some old lady, I don't know her, but her profile pic should be used as the standard LOL gif and meme from now on

40661910-144371876494702-8745599033034145792-n.jpg

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Worst 2 pains I ever had, an impacted wisdom tooth that had a cyst under it, and a kidney stone. Passed out from pain from the tooth, almost did with the kidney stone. I was taking my son to the dentist when it hit. But I know how hard it is to get a dental appointment lolol, so I just kept driving, and told him if I pass out to grab the wheel lol. I almost puked from the pain of it when I got there. Lil old lady made me stand, and bend over a chair, with a cold cloth on my neck. And the stone started to pass not long after. I pissed it out when I got the Dr, and the doc said "looks like you cured yourself", and charged ME! lol

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

You have to feel bad about nothing, feeling pain is horrible and if you feel like letting it out, you should do it

Even if it's to talk a little bullshit to take your attention away from the soreness, you do what you need to

I'm here thinking how the heck you drink two gallons of water LOL

I drink that much because back when this all started....fucking EVERYONE in my life was after me to drink more water.

My daughters will bring me water. If I dont have water next to me, they will notice and get it.

I have one of those large Kleen Kanteens my husband bought for me and he is an unbearable bag.

I drink water anyway and I eat healthy and I excersize a lot but I was constantly being told I wasnt drinking enough water. I used to get so annoyed because....I mean that's a lot of water trying to get down in one day lol

Now I feel weird without my water bottle.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard
Worst 2 pains I ever had, an impacted wisdom tooth that had a cyst under it, and a kidney stone. Passed out from pain from the tooth, almost did with the kidney stone. I was taking my son to the dentist when it hit. But I know how hard it is to get a dental appointment lolol, so I just kept driving, and told him if I pass out to grab the wheel lol. I almost puked from the pain of it when I got there. Lil old lady made me stand, and bend over a chair, with a cold cloth on my neck. And the stone started to pass not long after. I pissed it out when I got the Dr, and the doc said "looks like you cured yourself", and charged ME! lol

I had tooth pain during my second labor. I was actively in labor and my tooth hurt. Guess what was bothering me the most? The fucking TOOTH. I wanted to rip it out of my face.

They had to have someone come up and give me a numbing shot.

This kidney stone shit? It started like 12 years ago. I got rear ended at a red light when I was living in FL. Went to the er because i had whiplash and i was going to sue so i needed medical bill's. They did a CT and told me my kidney "didnt look right".

So naturally i blew it off for about 6 months. Then one night i was painting the condo i lived in. It was then boyfriends condo, he owned it. He let me do whatever I wanted to it. As I was painting it I started getting what I thought was period cramps. But it became more localized to my back. I took tylenol and just kinda dealt with it for several days until boyfriends sister (who was a really good friend from childhood) talked me into going to to the ER because she was sure it was my kidney

Welp it was. I had a giant stone that was in there like some claw. They showed me my CT and my left kidney was huge compared to the one and there was this large mass.

I used to get chronic UTIs as a kid. They said I could have had this stone since childhood. They were amazed that I was okay enough to leave the hospital.

So the urologist that I saw in FL told me I was gonna need a few surgeries. He gave me the option of them cutting into my kidney through my back and getting it that way...or blasting it a few times and letting the pieces pass. I chose the blasting. I thought it would be easier.

Turned out to be a huge fucking mess, the worst mistake. After that first blasting, I ended up right back in the hospital 10 hours later and I had to have a blood transfusion and my body was attacking the stent. It was horrible. I have never been in pain like that before. I was in the hospital for a few weeks and they had to do a couple more procedures.

And this whole process stretched on for years. I ended up dumping the boyfriend, moving back to MI. Ending up in the hospital here where they had to go into my kidney through my back anyway. The urologist I have here told me my FL urologist NEVER should have blasted that stone.

My husband and I were just friends when I was going through all this and he had to have surgery on his hip. He has issues from sports he played growing up. He got some injury that just ended up cause issues. So he helped me a lot and I helped him. And we ended up drug addicts lol.

At this point the function in my kidney improved BUT the bottom lower part of it is trashed from stones and multiple lipthotripsies(blastings). They actually cant blast it anymore, so my urologist wants to remove it. A partial nephrectomy. It's a robotic surgery and it freaks me out.

I've been good for 2 and half years. So I guess this where I need to go ahead and get it done.

My thing is is that I take care of everything. I homeschool. I tend to my mother. I have my teens that help out sure but I have to run the house. I could feel totally fine after this or I could be laid out for a week.....I have no way of knowing.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard
Covid mandates and staff quitting due to burn out has caused ERs to be so backed up my husband said there are patients who have been in the ER for days waiting for beds.

No way am I going.

I wasnt gonna post about this but last week a woman I was in the mission with died in the hospital my husband works in. She overdosed on a combo of xanax and cocaine.

She had contacted me just over a year ago saying she was abandoned on the road and needed a ride to Common Ground(a place that helps people get to psych services or get beds in a rehab detox).

I was going to get her and take her, but then she started asking me if I had make up she could use and asked if I could drive her to this mans house to get her clothes. This guy had gotten violent with her and left her on the road.

I told her I was more than happy to go get her and take her directly to Common Ground but NO detours. She said "okay well thanks though" and I just knew she didnt have much of a future left :(

She left two children behind. She hasnt had them for the last year.....but damn it's sad. We used to watch her little girl a lot. She would cry to stay at our house and it really just broke our hearts how much this little girl didnt want to go with her own mother.

I'm not letting myself feel bad that I didnt go get her that day. She wanted me to take her to some strange and violent mans house....that's putting myself in possible harms way. I have to keep reminding myself I did the right thing.

She was not at all a bad person. Just very broken :(

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

I fell down the stairs on my back near the area where my kidneys are on New Years eve.. I was in excruciating pain. But I never went to emergency at the local hospital for the same reason you cited - lack of sanitation and the people in ER.

Doctor thought I might have cracked a rib or 2. Gradually the pain seems to be subsiding.

I know of people who got COVID at the hospital. Apparently they may not be very clean depending on where you live?

Did you fall on your back or hit it like I did @Dove?

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Factory Bastard

I fell down the stairs on my back near the area where my kidneys are on New Years eve.. I was in excruciating pain. But I never went to emergency at the local hospital for the same reason you cited - lack of sanitation and the people in ER.

Doctor thought I might have cracked a rib or 2. Gradually the pain seems to be subsiding.

I know of people who got COVID at the hospital. Apparently they may not be very clean depending on where you live?

No no I didnt fall. I have chronic kidney stones.

Glad you are feeling better :)

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

No no I didnt fall. I have chronic kidney stones.

Glad you are feeling better :)

Anyways my left side was hurting too.

So I hope it didnt injure my kidney.