Considering Buying This.....

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Toys back then were awesome. Nothing today compares to them imo.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
VbDPe2V.jpg

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Anyone have this one back then?
Nope. I remember having to choose a movie to go see when I was a kid. Jaws or Superman. I sort of wanted to see Jaws but felt that it was a movie that I shouldn't watch. Dad and I went to see Superman.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
I had Castle Greyskull even had the BANNED slime.. :LOL3: OK kids time to stain the carpet and furniture and blind children.. but I heard it wouldn't kill you if you ate it so time to mass produce it.. they even tried to bring it back with Ghostbusters and Slimer slime but less toxic I assume

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I had GI Joes. The big ones.

I had Johnny West the cowboy.

I had the green army men.

I had Stretch Armstrong.

I had Lego.

I had a CD radio which is when I made the handle "The Prowler".

I had Hot Wheels.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I had Hot Wheels.
You mean a CB Radio? I had Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars and stuff, especially trucks. Some were given as gifts and some were bought with allowance. My grandfather built a display case for them. They were sold off many years ago when my parents got divorced. Actually, Mom saved them for me and I didn't want anything to do with them, so she sold them at a garage sale.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So did my brother. I can't tell you how many we broke open playing with them. lol

I sometimes buy Superhero toys & old vintage comic books.
Mind you, I jes' keep 'em BNIB (Brand New in a Box) for display purposes.

There were some toy statuettes called DC Bombshells that I bought for $20 each.

dc-comics-bombshells-black-white-exclusive-wonder-woman-sketch-814552025219_1024x1024.jpg

Since they're on display in a box, there's really no need to open them anymore. Keeps 'em from gettin wrecked anyway.

some others I bought were the MARVEL 'legend' superheros from the 1960s like the original Iron Man and Ant Man.

marvel-legends-60th-anniversary-avengers-iron-man-model-01-5010996142528_1024x1024.jpg

One day I might pop it open and make a version of the original comic book, except it'll be a 3D statue version of it with depth instead of being printed on a 2D surface..

detail.jpg

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I sometimes buy Superhero toys & old vintage comic books.
Mind you, I jes' keep 'em BNIB (Brand New in a Box) for display purposes.

There were some toy statuettes called DC Bombshells that I bought for $20 each.

dc-comics-bombshells-black-white-exclusive-wonder-woman-sketch-814552025219_1024x1024.jpg

Since they're on display in a box, there's really no need to open them anymore. Keeps 'em from gettin wrecked anyway.

some others I bought were the MARVEL 'legend' superheros from the 1960s like the original Iron Man and Ant Man.

marvel-legends-60th-anniversary-avengers-iron-man-model-01-5010996142528_1024x1024.jpg

One day I might pop it open and make a version of the original comic book, except it'll be a 3D statue version of it with depth instead of being printed on a 2D surface..

detail.jpg
Love that Iron Man!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Love that Iron Man!
Yeah. I liked it too because I suppose it's supposed to be like a Medievel Knight in shining armor(?).

Haa8253884f0a4c89b64e3c71cbba292a0.jpg

Anyway, after the first issue, Marvel put a golden sheen on his costume to make him seem more 'knightly'.

clean.jpg

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
It's incredible how much Iron Man changed over the years. That Bombshell Wonder Woman cracks me up. lol

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I had GI Joes. The big ones.

I had Johnny West the cowboy.

I had the green army men.

I had Stretch Armstrong.

I had Lego.

I had Hot Wheels.
Lego is awesome!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It's incredible how much Iron Man changed over the years. That Bombshell Wonder Woman cracks me up. lol
I liked the Old Vintage Ant Man too. His helmet was really cool:

None.jpg

Not sure if it can be bought anywhere tho. It probably exists only as a prototype:

marvel-ant-man-booth-signing-during-comic-con-international-2014-2.jpg

But maybe if a person has a 3D printer ta make the parts it can be reproduced and fabricated at home.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I liked the Old Vintage Ant Man too. His helmet was really cool:

None.jpg

Not sure if it can be bought anywhere tho. It probably exists only as a prototype:

marvel-ant-man-booth-signing-during-comic-con-international-2014-2.jpg

But maybe if a person has a 3D printer ta make the parts it can be reproduced and fabricated at home.
I'll be honest, I've never heard of him until now. lol

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Nope. I remember having to choose a movie to go see when I was a kid. Jaws or Superman. I sort of wanted to see Jaws but felt that it was a movie that I shouldn't watch. Dad and I went to see Superman.
The Jaws series didn't do anything for the rep of sharks, mainly the great white. I don't know much about sharks but I don't believe they're out to get humans. Let's face it, if you and your friends are out in the middle of the ocean swimming around you know the risk your taking. Sharks are just being sharks. Maybe getting a leg and half of your ass bitten off is a good reminder to not swim so far out.