Hey Dovey, do any of your cats fight like this?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
No not at all but I have like 6 of them staring at me wondering where the caterwauling is coming from lol

I actually have had two times where a cat fight bad enough to make fur fly like that twice....it wasnt as intense as these outside cats though.

Sometimes they will lock in staring down and howling. Not often and it's just the males.

My formerly out door cat Salem runs the house and herds the other cats lol.

I have all of them fixed and I have enough litter boxes, food and water bowls and two cat trees....so they arent fighting for resources and they get a long well.

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
When I was still in high school I used to have these two cats that totally fucking hated each other; so I used to put them in one of those cardboard filing boxes together and ducktape the lid on.

it was fucking hysterical watching the box bounce all around the place as these two cats went at it in a death match inside.

it was even funnier opening the box and seeing them dart out at warp fucking speed in opposite directions with fur balls floating left and right

those were the days

OP
OP
Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
New video emerges of admin and holiday having a little lovers spat

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
When I was a kid we had cats as pets. All were strays before we took them in.

One was the toughest cat in the neighbourhood. He was a stray for years and we only fed him and gave him a warm cat house to keep warm in the winter. My dad built the cat house; it was insulated and we had this little heating device that worked with a piece of charcoal - it just made a tiny bit of heat, but with the small door and the shape of the cat house, it was cozy even on frigid nights.

He was feral and it took a long time before we even touched him. But eventually he lived in our house and was the most affectionate cat with his family.

By the end of his life, he only had one eye and no tail. And the ear on the side of his head where he lost his eye was shredded to about 1/2 the size of the other ear. He almost lost his leg, and the vet said it would never function again and gave us the choice of amputation, but we decided to not amputate and within a year he was using it again.

We called him "One-eye", "Beauty", "Precious", and "Tiger".

I could tell you stories, but you would probably not believe them. He was incredible.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
When I was a kid we had cats as pets. All were strays before we took them in.

One was the toughest cat in the neighbourhood. He was a stray for years and we only fed him and gave him a warm cat house to keep warm in the winter. My dad built the cat house; it was insulated and we had this little heating device that worked with a piece of charcoal - it just made a tiny bit of heat, but with the small door and the shape of the cat house, it was cozy even on frigid nights.

He was feral and it took a long time before we even touched him. But eventually he lived in our house and was the most affectionate cat with his family.

By the end of his life, he only had one eye and no tail. And the ear on the side of his head where he lost his eye was shredded to about 1/2 the size of the other ear. He almost lost his leg, and the vet said it would never function again and gave us the choice of amputation, but we decided to not amputate and within a year he was using it again.

We called him "One-eye", "Beauty", "Precious", and "Tiger".

I could tell you stories, but you would probably not believe them. He was incredible.

I would believe them

Cats are the best.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I would believe them

I will tell you a few that are easy to believe.

One is how he lost his eye.

You would think it was in a fight or something, but it was a pellet (or maybe a bb) to the side of the head. We saw the wound shortly after it happened. Perfect 4.5mm hole in the side of his head right beside his eye, and the eye was grayish white. Eventually it shrunk and kinda closed over, but would often be a little pussy.

There was a family across the street with 3 boys. They had pellet guns and would sometimes shoot squirrels. Just for fun. But the family hated the cat because he would tear open garbage bags and spray in gardens and was a bit of a nuisance to them. So we highly suspect that one of them shot him. This was in the very early days of us feeding him.

The other story was how he lost his tail. This was years after losing his eye. At this point he was living with us part time. Some nights he would stay in our house, other times he would be gone for days. One morning my oldest sister left the house and heard him crying; he was in the bushes severely injured. He had a major wound on his back near his legs.

We took him to the vet. He was in bad shape. The skin on his back was already dying. They had to cut a lot of the skin away because it was infected. That is when they said all the nerves were cut to his one hind leg too. They said he would never he able to use the leg again. They suggested amputation, but said we could leave it because the blood vessels seemed to be okay. We decided to leave it. His tail was amputated because it was rotting badly.

The theory is that he fell asleep in the fan...I am not sure what it is called...but the flat metal ring around the fan at the front of a car engine. Cats will sleep there to keep warm, but if the car is started, the fan will slice them up. I am talking old, big V8s. Years later, my sister (same one) had a big V8 GM car and started it in the morning and killed a cat that was sleeping in that area. I remember some people used to knock on the hood of their car every day to make sure any sleeping animals would wake up and get away before the engine was started.

Anyways, it was days before he made his way home to us. Like I said, the skin was already dying and rotting.

There were a lot of long-term effects. The skin on his back was stretched very tight because of the big patch that was cut away. He had wounds there for a long time and it took a long time for the hair to grow back - it was years before it looked pretty normal, but the hair was still pretty thin. His abdominal muscles were damaged and he had a hard time pooping. I was tasked with giving him a laxative called Tonic-Lax every day for rest of his life (it was easy, he liked it), and my dad had to help him poop. The vet trained him on how to feel the large intestine to see if there was something to poop, and then how to squeeze it out. That went on for the rest of his life. Tiger walked around for months on three legs, with the back right leg just dragging a bit. It was supposed to never get better. After a while (maybe 6 months I would estimate now), he started to be able to move his back right leg. He used it more and more and in a year he was walking on it quite well. He eventually got what seemed like full use of it and could run just like it was always good.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
None of that suprises me, Prowler. Ever since I moved to where I am right now, I've been helping cats.

I've taken in strays and litters and got them cared for and adopted but we also have feral colonies out here. I've seen ferals shot with BBs(not like as it happened....but I've seen the aftermath). There is a VERY large fluffy tuxedo...that I'm convinced fathered my tuxie kittens. I call him Big Daddy. He is VERY aggresive, but me and an older woman who also lives here managed to TNR him. He had a really badly infected wound that the vet flushed and cleaned as best as he could. Cant really give ongoing wound care to a giant feral male so the vet did his best.(wound from a BB gun). We have some rotten people down the road who hate the cats. And their own kids....that's another whole thing.

There is a newby feral hanging around I havent seen before who is pretty rough looking....one ear is kinda missing. I have my eye on this one. I cant get too close....he is totally feral. I'm working on getting him to hang out on close to my house so I can trap him(for TNR and rabies shot).

I have a pic of him(or her?)

20220117-145334.jpg

Screenshot-20220117-181149-Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Screenshot-20220120-222235-Gallery.jpg

Another feral I flirt with. He comes up on my deck in the morning...as long as no one is out there lol

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
None of that suprises me, Prowler.

I would expect for someone dealing with strays that is fairly normal stuff.

How tough he was is one thing that people might find hard to believe. As affectionate as he was to his family, and how he never laid a paw on the female cat pets we had, he was a fighting machine, a ball of destruction when it came to male cats.

Here is another non-fighting story though.

This is years later when Tiger was an old cat. Something was failing in his body (I forget...liver or kidneys I think) and he was sick and staying at the vet. He was there for maybe a week...it was at least several days. My dad and I went to visit every day. The first day he looked sick, but he perked-up when he saw us. Over the next few days he stopped eating and was on IV for nutrition. The second last day we went in, he could barely lift his head to greet us. The last day we went in he was totally non-reactive; the vet told us he was probably going to die within a few hours and there was nothing they could do. We said that we will take him home so he could die in his own bed (my dad's bed).

I sat in the front seat with Tiger in a towel on my lap. He was limp. When we got home we went to the back door and my dad opened the door for me to carry Tiger in. I felt Tiger move. I said I want to sit here in the sun with him and I sat in a chair on the deck. I opened the towel and let the sun shine on him. He lifted his head. 5 minutes later he was eating wet food out of a bowl on the back deck. He could barely stand, but he found a will to live. He was home.

He lived for more than two happy years after that.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

How tough he was is one thing that people might find hard to believe. As affectionate as he was to his family, and how he never laid a paw on the female cat pets we had, he was a fighting machine, a ball of destruction when it came to male cats.

This is years later when Tiger was an old cat. Something was failing in his body (I forget...liver or kidneys I think) and he was sick and staying at the vet. He was there for maybe a week...it was at least several days. My dad and I went to visit every day. The first day he looked sick, but he perked-up when he saw us. Over the next few days he stopped eating and was on IV for nutrition. The second last day we went in, he could barely lift his head to greet us. The last day we went in he was totally non-reactive; the vet told us he was probably going to die within a few hours and there was nothing they could do. We said that we will take him home so he could die in his own bed (my dad's bed).

I sat in the front seat with Tiger in a towel on my lap. He was limp. When we got home we went to the back door and my dad opened the door for me to carry Tiger in. I felt Tiger move. I said I want to sit here in the sun with him and I sat in a chair on the deck. I opened the towel and let the sun shine on him. He lifted his head. 5 minutes later he was eating wet food out of a bowl on the back deck. He could barely stand, but he found a will to live. He was home.

You know cat colonies tend to be matriarchal?

The females form the community bonds, nurse eachothers kittens and protect their litters and eachother from males?

They are also the more skilled hunters and it's usually the females smacking around the males.

My one stray I took in, Salem, she decides when the males eat(tries to at least lol). She herds them too....its pretty funny.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

And awww Tiger was probably giving up because he thought he wasnt going home. It's so sad how depressed animals get if they get left somewhere like a vet or shelter. It's so confusing for them.

He was so happy to be home he stuck around :D

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

It's true that animals and people can lose the will to live and sometimes just give up. If you hadn't brought him home, that would have probably been the end.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
It's true that animals and people can lose the will to live and sometimes just give up. If you hadn't brought him home, that would have probably been the end.

No doubt. He was barely alive and going downhill. He needed to be home with his family to want to live.

It is the same with people. In cases where a person is not doing well emotionally or mentally in a hospital, I think it is best for them to leave as soon they are well enough to physically survive at home.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

No doubt. He was barely alive and going downhill. He needed to be home with his family to want to live.

It is the same with people. In cases where a person is not doing well emotionally or mentally in a hospital, I think it is best for them to leave as soon they are well enough to physically survive at home.

Years back when I was working in hospice/advanced dementia, I watched a few couples do the love bird thing. When one dies, the other follows a few days later. .

The partner may not even be on hospice themselves but if one goes the other is gonna follow.

I have worked bedside enough to believe anything. Youd think it would be the opposite....but nope. Weird, unexplainable by science things occur everyday.

My big fluffy retarded cat Chicky B was part of a really sick litter where only 2 out of 5 lived. I watched each kitten fade. Fading kitten is when they just start dying....no one really knows why, they just die. The mothers will sometimes push them out of the litter. I dont know what comes first.....if mom knows something is wrong with that kitten and pushes it out and it starts fading, or it starts fading and mom pushes it out. It just starts happening.

I have held and comforted like 17 kittens as they faded and out of that number 4 have turned around. There isnt much you can do. But I really tried. I would keep them warm, hold them, talk to them, give them water and KRM(kitten replacer milk) with a dropper and rub honey on their gums(blood sugar).

Anyway...Chicky was on his way out. He wasnt perking up with shit I was doing. I actually started crying about it because he would have been the 4th dead kitten from that litter it was like they were dropping like dominos and it was SO rough. I had done everything for hours...including giving him fluids under his skin. I prayed and pepped talked that little kitten. I was telling him all the cool things about being alive and why he should stop fading and stay with us.

And this kitten just stopped fading. He just stopped. Like he was thinking "alright alright lady.....you sold me on wet food and cat nip. I'll give this life a try" lol

He is legitimately retarded, we had to teach him how to eat food out of a bowl, he is hilariously clumsy and he doesnt understand legs are not scratch posts.....but he is here because he decided he wanted to be.

He is like a real life Garfeild....only retarded lol. He is 30 pounds. He is a big cat. He is also one big ball of pure love. This cat looks at everyone with such intense love in his eyes....we call his eyes his love lasers. He is just big and doofy and full of love.

20211223-121248.jpg

When he was starting to learn to walk....he would shake and go in circles. We thought he was going to have severe neurological problems....but he eventually corrected. We have one cat who has epilepsy and if he gets too excited, he will start hissing and have seizures.

My 16 year old was unfortunate enough to discover that. She was playing with him with those fishing rod toys and he was going nuts playing with it and he just started hissing and went into an awful seizure.....she freaked out and thought she killed him.

He is fine unless he gets too excited lol. Chicky hasnt had any events or anything since he stopped shaking when he walks.

Last edited:

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Mr Meowgi LOL...I think I mentioned in the past that one of my cats was retarded and fell out of a window while walking along a ledge in my front room.

Thankfully it wasn't a big drop down...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I just got this picture of Prudey

My tuxies are definately my favorites.

Screenshot-20220121-191722-Gallery.jpg

Shes smurgling ♡♡♡

She has the cutest murder mittens