Huge blizzard in CA mountains

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
We knew this was coming….

The PNW got rocked for Christmas. I saw videos of people sliding all over Capital Hill lol

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Seattle got hit with 6-8” of snow and freezing rain. They are screwed. They have no plan for the yearly snow bombing they endure. Everything just shuts down.

They have snow plows up in the Sierras, but this kind of weather shuts everything down on 50 & 80 as well. At least until the worst of it passes by I'm guessing.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
Here on the coast it's been a very windy and rainy last 30 hours, scattered power outages, as long as one of the Doug Firs on either side of me don't snap, I'm good.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Are there people that will shovel snow the way landscapers mow lawns?
We have the number for a guy who has a plow but he charges like $35 to do the driveway. If it's super high snow I call him, otherwise I do it. I'm just a lazy prick most times.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I slipped on an ice patch one time up in the mountains. The outcome was painful. lol

If i had a nickle for every time I've slipped on ice while walking/running I'd have...

...I don't know how much money I'd have but the pile of nickles would be impressive.

I don't recall any that were fun (at the time).
Thinking about some of them or telling the tale to others has sometimes been amusing though.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I love the snow, the silence it brings is crazy but the slush and ice afterwards is fookin awful...
I bought a pair of Doc Martens last summer. I'm afraid to wear them in the winter because of the slush and stuff.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
If i had a nickle for every time I've slipped on ice while walking/running I'd have...

...I don't know how much money I'd have but the pile of nickles would be impressive.

I don't recall any that were fun (at the time).
Thinking about some of them or telling the tale to others has sometimes been amusing though.

I landed on my hip and I think I saw stars...ouch.

The bitch is when it's on dirt and you can't really see it...falling is easy. I guess it's called black ice or something.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
At least snow can be driven on with a 4WD and a bit of common sense.

Ice?
Fuck that for a game of silly buggers.
Yeah, ice is brutal. I once slipped and landed on my ass causing a huge bruise. Why couldn't God make the entire world's weather like Florida's? Is that too much to ask?

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I bought a pair of Doc Martens last summer. I'm afraid to wear them in the winter because of the slush and stuff.
Yeah not much grip on those fuckers, my gaffer always wears the slip on ones to work and that's the first thing I noticed about them, next to no tread...

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Snow sucks

Depends….

When you have to drive in it? YES!

When you wake up at 4 am and you’re in Missouri and the entire neighborhood has been blanketed with 3 feet and it’s untouched giving the street lights a glorious glow… GORGEOUS!

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
The bitch is when it's on dirt and you can't really see it...falling is easy. I guess it's called black ice or something.

The longest traffic jam I've been stuck in was caused by black ice; a logging truck hit a patch and dumped a bunch of big-ass ex-trees across the entire road when it lost it. Just to make it extra magical I was headed home after a 12-hour shift, too. *sigh*

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Depends….

When you have to drive in it? YES!

When you wake up at 4 am and you’re in Missouri and the entire neighborhood has been blanketed with 3 feet and it’s untouched giving the street lights a glorious glow… GORGEOUS!
As pretty as that is the fact still remains that I'd have to have my driveway cleared. Snow is my rival.