Thoughts On Assisted Suicide?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Myself, I like to think that I'm a compassionate person but I would still consider such a request to be murder. You?

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Deciding for oneself the time and manner of one's death is the ultimate expression of self-determination.

If we can't even have a say in whether or not we can fucking die we're no better than someone else's property.

Demanding someone live, no matter what they want, is selfish and controlling and cruel.

Because it would hurt *your* feels to lose them isn't an excuse to torture someone else.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
All kidding aside people, how about your real thoughts on the subject.

Admin.

This ain't Texas (woo), ain't. no hold'm woo woo
Site Supporter ☠️
All kidding aside people, how about your real thoughts on the subject.
My great state legalized physician assisted suicide years ago, there was no giant line of average people lining up to die, the numbers of people approved by 2 Doctors certifying they are terminal has held fairly steady at about 100 patients per year, with quite a few of those people never following through, they just felt more peace knowing they had the option if things became unbearable...

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
@All viewers

Hmmm....what would you do if a friend who had a terminal illness asked you to help them commit suicide?

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
If someone is terminally ill and in a lot of pain, with zero chance of ever making a recovery, why not let them die comfortably in a bed, dosed upto the eyeballs with opiates.... if that's what they want of course.

Weird how this is even an issue.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
If someone is terminally ill and in a lot of pain, with zero chance of ever making a recovery, why not let them die comfortably in a bed, dosed upto the eyeballs with opiates.... if that's what they want of course.

Aryan I see what you are saying, and I may have mislead you with my words so I apologize for that, but you didn't answer the question. What if a dear friend or even a family member with a terminal illness asked you to put them out of their misery. Say that God forbid your mother was at home in bed dying from cancer and in extreme pain and she asked you to kill her right there. Would you?

Last edited:

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Aryan I see what you are saying, and I may have mislead you with my words so I apologize for that, but you didn't answer the question. What if a dear friend or even a family member with a terminal illness asked you to put them out of their misery. Say that God forbid your mother was at home in bed dying from cancer and in extreme pain, and she asked you to kill her right there. Would you?
No, obviously not.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You’re right. Good post

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm glad I posted this thread. Just trying to make conversation that isn't about politics. Sue me.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Aryan I see what you are saying, and I may have mislead you with my words so I apologize for that, but you didn't answer the question. What if a dear friend or even a family member with a terminal illness asked you to put them out of their misery. Say that God forbid your mother was at home in bed dying from cancer and in extreme pain and she asked you to kill her right there. Would you?
I would, as long as I was sure I wouldn't be arrested for it.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
dafuz.jpg

Last edited: