My name is Amanda, I live under a bridge.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The absolute tragedy of unchecked toxic capitalism.

2 of the wealthiest men in the United States live in or are from Seattle & yet they can't provide a couple of billion each to create new affordable housing in that city?

Incredible.

5a66640400d0efef018b48fe

I noticed last time I crossed the border inta Seattle there was a young American girl begging on the side of the road.

I think it was on the i5.

But I crossed back into Canada and there was no homelessNess as bad as the us.we have it but not like the usa

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

What element of capitalism is to blame for this exactly? Are there not socail programs in Seattle? I see this as a failure of socailism.

She did get help. I believe a group that helps homeless people helped her. Capitalism allows for that.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That exists in blue states that overtax productive residents is appalling

Overtaxes and still people like her end up living under bridges.

You know most homeless people on the streets are homeless on the street by choice. But no one wants to talk about that.

Most everyone who ends up in this situation, gets help. There are multiple charities and orgs and groups that help people who WANT to get off the street to do exactly that. The more money the people get to keep.....the more they give.

Using the state as a middle man fails. And it takes the humanity out of it.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
And then the clown parade marches through the thread.

Yeah with an update on the woman in the OP.

And a question as to what role capitalism played here as well as how the socail programs clearly failed her.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

You know most homeless people on the streets are homeless on the street by choice. But no one wants to talk about that.

Most everyone who ends up in this situation, gets help. There are multiple charities and orgs and groups that help people who WANT to get off the street to do exactly that. The more money the people get to keep.....the more they give.

LOLOLOL Have you ever seen a homeless camp they are all over America in almost every mid sized city and up, many small towns too.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
And then the clown parade marches through the thread.

Yeah with an update on the woman in the OP.
Which was nice, but then all your typical ad hom. bullshit

Tell Stubby to quit talking about my cock,. ok?

Typical ad hom? I didnt insult anyone.

Where was my ad hom?

Sir, you are the one who responded to points made by attacking the poster calling us clowns. Do you know what an ad hom is? It's when you attack the person, not their argument.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
ad hominem

To save this word, you'll need to log in.

ad ho·mi·nem | \ (ˈ)ad-ˈhä-mə-ˌnem , -nəm \
Definition of ad hominem
(Entry 1 of 2)
1: appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellectan ad hominem argument
2: marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions mademade an ad hominem personal attack on his rival

So.....where did I do this?

I can see the blaming of "toxic capitalism" with no solid points as to what and how it was "toxic capitalism". Which is an appeal to feelings and prejudice. And then another poster coming in and calling me a clown when I asked how and gave me opinion.

Where was my ad hom?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

LOLOLOL Have you ever seen a homeless camp they are all over America in almost every mid sized city and up, many small towns too.

Yes actually. I even went through a program that was a whole outreach for the homeless and worked for it.

In fact what I just said in that post is knowledge I have directly from experience with this topic.

So what does that have to do with what I said here?

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Come on Stubby. It’s more important to ya then the Buffoon you adore.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

You ignore all the facts and data, as always.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So we dont want to discuss the problem or how to help any human beings.

Just grab these stories as some ammo against capitalism....without even having to explain how capitalism caused this womans issue.

Where those socail programs? What do the high taxes is Seattle pay for? Why didnt the state rescue her?

I mean if you guys just want to paint this picture that every person on the street in these camps is there against their will because capitalism did it and Amanda's situation here is everyones....just say that.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
What.....the... fuck... happened? I went to add another video and it just posted like ten times.

Wtf?!

What the fuck! I just tried fixing it and it went weirder!

Anyway here is what capitalism helps us do for other people

And they promote the place completely willingly because it WORKS. So many lives have been saved and changed. For those who WANT to get off the streets or get off drugs. There are plenty of "street communities" of people in Michigans inner cities who DONT want to stop.

And there are a lot of people who go and reach out to them, try to help and build relationships with them and guide them towards getting help. You cant force anyone. They have to WANT to.

The state doesnt bother itself with these individuals as human beings. It cant meet them where they are and see them and their stories and their needs.

No one has to do anything for anyone if they dont want to.....by why try to take away from those who are out there helping other people? That's what more taxes mean. Less resources to directly help others with. That state middle man blows and doesnt care about the individual.

I personally KNOW several of the people in that video and I know their stories. That married couple I know very well. The state wasnt there for them when he got arrested on valentine's day and she was pregnant living in a car. Grace was. Me and my husband were.. these are friends of ours.

Exactly what do leftists have so against people helping people? Capitalism provides us the freedom and ability to do exactly that. Building communities is foundational to helping individuals get their shit together. Why further reduce people to case numbers?

How could MORE socailism do better? I'm all ears. Or eyes.....this is text.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
"When you serve someone who is rebuilding their life, it’s a blessing you can’t explain," said McKenna, 68, a retired church pastor who lives in Fowlerville.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyway, the original interview with Amanda was 4 years ago, she was pretty much immediately put into transitional housing and drug rehab, after completing drug rehab, she got section 8 supportive housing. She has been housed for three years now. The system works for those who want to use it. The people who just want to be enabled and cause massive social problems for everyone else while they continue theor drug abuse should not be tolerated.

The problem with the left is they don't actually want to help with root causes. They simply want to enable and promote being a homeless street junkie as an "alternative lifestyle". They also want to prevent any consequences for bad choices or criminal behavior. That is what makes them so evil and so stupid.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Anyway, the original interview with Amanda was 4 years ago, she was pretty much immediately put into transitional housing and drug rehab, after completing drug rehab, she got section 8 supportive housing. She has been housed for three years now. The system works for those who want to use it. The people who just want to be enabled and cause massive social problems for everyone else while they continue theor drug abuse should not be tolerated.

The problem with the left is they don't actually want to help with root causes. They simply want to enable and promote being a homeless street junkie as an "alternative lifestyle". They also want to prevent any consequences for bad choices or criminal behavior. That is what makes them so evil and so stupid.

They completely ignore all the things people do to help those who want it and they focus on the people who DONT want help as arguments for socailism/communism.

Those people would still fuck off to the street to smoke or shoot crack and dope in peace. They do not CARE about help.

They ones who do get screwed over if there isnt any charity.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The problem is just about all liberal policies have dramatically made the situation worse in every measurable way. Yet despite a record of failure liberals always double down on stupid.