5 Problems With Social Media

knife wielder

Factory Bastard
"The question that you have to ask yourself is, am I posting to show everyone what is going on in my life or am I just posting to get a lot of likes? People, especially teens, have become obsessed with the idea of receiving “likes" on their pictures. Even Twitter, which used to have a “favorite" button, has now switched over to the word "like." To be honest, it is a pretty strange concept if you think about it. The first step is posting. You put filters on your pictures, or decide to just leave them as they are. You crop it to make sure it is perfect, maybe add a border for Instagram, and then you leave it out there for your friends/followers to see. Then, next is the waiting stage. You are either someone who constantly checks their phone to see the amount of likes, or you turn off notifications and check your phone once a significant amount of people have liked it. Either way, the last step is gratification. However, even though countless likes might make you happy, it is only short term. That instant gratification might satisfy your “social media need," but it is kind of sad to think that we all rely on "likes" to make us feel good about ourselves."

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
knife wielder

knife wielder

Factory Bastard
"I did explore the concept of Facebook as a salve for what ailed me. What triggered my visits to the site? Was I feeling bored? Lonely? Did I have an ego-driven desire to get on my soapbox? Was I expecting others to entertain me? Was I trying to resurrect friendships from the past, rather than living, honestly and lovingly, in the present? Did I want to see how many people ‘liked’ the pasta dish I made for dinner?"

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
oh noes someone deleted me off their friends list!! j/k I really don't care. Didn't really have much in common besides a few mutual "friends" that I don't even know irl so............ oh well.

@knife wielder ^^^^^ correct reaction to losing a random stranger as a "friend" on FB.

OP
OP
knife wielder

knife wielder

Factory Bastard
We had the same thing in common. It doesn't make sense to remove someone with a common interest.

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm a member of several groups he's in plus I mod a group that he admins and still not upset because not everyone is going to like me or what I post.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
JFC= Jesus Fucking Christ

MasterBlaster

Rest In Peace Boyd
That would be an odd sight to behold.
drinkbeer.gif

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I can't necessarily say I disagree with you.
You seem like a nice person, so why give 2 fucks what an "online facebook friend" thinks of you? It's not like you know this person.. she maybe bat shit crazy and if you knew her irl.. you probably wouldn't like her anyway.. If she unfriended you for liking sweaty women.. Well.. that means she's judgmental.. and probably judgmental about EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING! .. .. Just be yourself.. and if anyone doesn't like it.. I say Fuck 'em.. Fuck 'em all!! :)