5 Problems With Social Media

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
"People, especially teens, have become obsessed with the idea of receiving “likes" on their pictures." I'm just curious how you know this..psychic or something? please enlighten me. Maybe magic? I need your powers right away and use them for free you ain't charging me shit either.

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
I can't necessarily say I disagree with you.
You seem like a nice person, so why give 2 fucks what an "online facebook friend" thinks of you? It's not like you know this person.. she maybe bat shit crazy and if you knew her irl.. you probably wouldn't like her anyway.. If she unfriended you for liking sweaty women.. Well.. that means she's judgmental.. and probably judgmental about EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING! .. .. Just be yourself.. and if anyone doesn't like it.. I say Fuck 'em.. Fuck 'em all!! :)
Nice people don't stalk people and plot to get them banned from other social media sites because they unfriended them.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You seem like a nice person, so why give 2 fucks what an "online facebook friend" thinks of you? It's not like you know this person.. she maybe bat shit crazy and if you knew her irl.. you probably wouldn't like her anyway.. If she unfriended you for liking sweaty women.. Well.. that means she's judgmental.. and probably judgmental about EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING! .. .. Just be yourself.. and if anyone doesn't like it.. I say Fuck 'em.. Fuck 'em all!! :)
Nice people don't stalk people and plot to get them banned from other social media sites because they unfriended them.
Did he do that? OR was he talking out his ass because he was upset? Yeah.. If he did do that.. you're right.. That is a lil bit scary. :/

Mr. Whipple

brilliantly insane
Site Supporter
random-shite-2018-05-31-74.jpg
but be careful cuz I HATE to be rejected :EvilOne2:

OP
OP
knife wielder

knife wielder

Factory Bastard

I am a nice person.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If it upsets you so much why don’t you just delete your account, it’s not the end of life as we know it if you ain’t got a fb account.

bahumbas

puny and deadly
Why do we fuss over social media, when the real blame should be ourselves? The samething was said about t.v.
If you don't like social media you don't have to listen to it. Same goes with t.v. If you don't like what you see, turn it off. Its that easy. No one is forcing you, at gun point. So its time to man up and take responsibility.

Fangz

of questionable integrity
The problem of Social Media is that it is mostly artifice.

If you recall in the movie 'One Hour Photo' Sy Parrish who was played by Robin Williams stated:

Family photos depict smiling faces... births, weddings, holidays, children's birthday parties. People take pictures of the happy moments in their lives. Someone looking through our photo album would conclude that we had led a joyous, leisurely existence free of tragedy. No one ever takes a photograph of something they want to forget.

That is essentially the incongruity of Social Media.

In their feeds people see "friends" leading a life that seems to be much more fulfilling than what they are currently experiencing. Yet if they could only see behind the curtain they would realize those peoples lives have as much turbulence as their own if not more.

Excuse me for not being pollyanna, but with all things considered a large percentage of what is shown on peoples Social Media accounts are half-truths.

Scott

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The one I notice most, at least in regard to forums, is how negativity is rewarded by attention far more than anything positive ever could.
Nobody tunes in to the TV news to watch "all is well", they tune in for hurricanes, earthquakes, tsunamis, war, crime, etc.
Crowds don't gather to watch buildings being built, they gather for their being imploded.
Friendly exchanges on social media also don't get the constant page refresh "hits" and web traffic the way chaos and fighting do and the first thing any potential paying site sponsor looks at are those numbers as they determine the potential reach for their ads, thus the monetary value of a site in a way.
Considering the fact that sites are not charities and owned by people who need to pay the bills like anyone else, this inevitability encourages their descent into cesspools of redundant mindless bullshit and flamming.
Orderly conduct just isn't as financially rewarding as chaos.

MasterBlaster

Rest In Peace Boyd
Well, to be perfectly honest and (in my humble opinion, of course!) without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without condemning ones views and by trying to make it objectified, and considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, to be perfectly honest and (in my humble opinion, of course!) without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without condemning ones views and by trying to make it objectified, and considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say.

^ copy pasta noted