Hollywood

OP
OP
SirSuperSouthern

SirSuperSouthern

It's Always 5:55, bitch.
Site Supporter
September is the deadline to get a deal done. Rumors say the strike will end sometime this month, but it'll go down to the wire.

As US navigates summer of strikes, Biden's top labor adviser exits, source says. The link to that story is too long, check the Drudge Report to read more about it. That's worse than a simple bad sign...

SSS
- As long as the NFL and the UFC smoothly continue without any ripples, the actors/writers strikes sit well with me.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My kid works in the industry ~ that’s who I’m getting my info from. I consider her a reliable source and she said they suspect it will be over by September. We shall see.

Honestly, I think they should go on strike for as long as it takes to David & Goliath battle corporate greed. That is what’s killing our nation.

The writers create the material just like a song writer… they are entitled to and deserve royalties. They don’t make shit for the original script. It’s a flat fee.

those corporates you speak of are responsible for raising money from the public to make the movies in the first place. They don't just sit around sucking their thumbs doing nothing.

and as I have said, writers live and are sourced from all over the world and movies are made all over the world too..

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Forgive me for broad brushing this.
.. This ain't the Hollywood of Bogie an Becall, it isn't von Stroheim and Dietrich, not Whale and Karloff, not Rains or Grant, or de Havilland, or Crawford, Hepburn, Davis, Flynn (not that one - eyeroll) or Valentino or Chaney or Hitchcock. It isn't even the Hollywood of Seinfeld, which I would happily watch before any of the shitsville crapolla it produces today.
..They want something - let them produce something worth watching.

Last edited:

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
There isn't much money in writing.

There never has been. Not everyone is a Steven King.

And nobody really owns words.

Will this cause people suing over plagiarism nonsense?

Somebody on youtube said, and I meant to copy and paste it, they (Hollywood writers) ran out of ideas.

OP
OP
SirSuperSouthern

SirSuperSouthern

Site Supporter
Oh fuck folks, check this out. From my OP:

"Whatever the fuck will we all do now that Rob Schneider and Steven Segal won’t continue to brighten our lives for MONTHS?" ~ June 28th, 2023.

Now, on Aug 12th, 2023, look what Space Ice has done!

Mine was two weeks earlier than this guy's newest hilarious ballbuster above. I win...

SSS
- At life and everything in it.

OP
OP
SirSuperSouthern

SirSuperSouthern

Site Supporter
I'm sure there's a thread about movie recommendations somewhere else here, but I'm lazy as fuck and don't wanna scroll through other boards to find it. All I know is trash, and won't DL any shitty mainstream movies for the most part. You got any favorites, or movies you just kinda like and go ahead and mention? That'd be kew...

SSS
- Your mentions couldn't possibly be any worse than the movies I already have, no wrong answers.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
He also suggested there should be a Sept. 1 “settlement deadline.”

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

SSS
- The Pirate Bay doesn't even have people seeding some of my old faves.

The word around town is this might last through the end of the year…. but everyone is hopeful it will be over in September.

I don’t see it being done in September, which is scary because it puts other industry jobs in jeopardy.

Margot Robbie is the highest paid actress in Hollywood right now for her role as stereotypical Barbie… if that doesn’t just blow your fucking mind.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The word around town is this might last through the end of the year…. but everyone is hopeful it will be over in September.

I don’t see it being done in September, which is scary because it puts other industry jobs in jeopardy.

Margot Robbie is the highest paid actress in Hollywood right now for her role as stereotypical Barbie… if that doesn’t just blow your fucking mind.

She sold a lot of tickets...

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hollywood turned woke.

Turn woke, go broke.....lol

So how has it turned out for them?

If I worked in the industry and the writers were sending me broke, I organize a hit man or two on the writers.

Useless bastards.

Thank goodness there is already 100 years worth of rewatchable stuff out there. HOLLYWOOD WRITERS haven't been missed.

MrNiceGuy

peace through anarchy
☠️
Forgive me for broad brushing this.
.. This ain't the Hollywood of Bogie an Becall, it isn't von Stroheim and Dietrich, not Whale and Karloff, not Rains or Grant, or de Havilland, or Crawford, Hepburn, Davis, Flynn (not that one - eyeroll) or Valentino or Chaney or Hitchcock. It isn't even the Hollywood of Seinfeld, which I would happily watch before any of the shitsville crapolla it produces today.
..They want something - let them produce something worth watching.
You mean live action remakes of disney cartoon classics is not enough worth for you my friend?

I am aghast!

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
More clarification is coming in… it’s the writers guild what has reached an agreement but they will not return to work until SAG Aftra has reached an agreement.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
writers still have to vote
actors still need any agreement with studios

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
More clarification is coming in… it’s the writers guild what has reached an agreement but they will not return to work until SAG Aftra has reached an agreement.

I'm glad the WGA got the concessions that they were striking for, it's a good thing.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Our news said they have been striking for 5 months.

That is criminal.

I don’t agree with this statement that a strike is criminal at all.

The purported AI created in an actor’s likeness to avoid paying them to use their intellectual property is criminal.

Streaming platforms refusing to pay royalties to writers, who are paid a nominal flat fee for a first write, is criminal.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

The purported AI created in an actor’s likeness to avoid paying them to use their intellectual property is criminal.

Streaming platforms refusing to pay royalties to writers, who are paid a nominal flat fee for a first write, is criminal.
She's just bitter because she's not worth a damn and thinks she's some creative genius.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

5 months striking will cause other people to go under and probably has already

It is illegal to strike in Australia now.

The strike wouldn't affect the movie moguls but it affects set designers, make-up artists and other parts of the entertainment industry employees.

The entertainment industry is flooded with old material that users can avail themselves of. No one in my country has missed anything from this strike.

My Great Grandfather was secretary of the Railway Union. I support unions but not the way screen writers handled this case. I am thinking there will be irreversible ramifications on this strike action.

Last edited:

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Last I heard some SAG actors were holding auctions to raise $ to assist industry workers, doing things like holding dinners or walking dogs/entertaining or providing a certain service.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Think of the Children! The child actors, whom their parents are trying to exploit for profit. How will they ever survive?