Hollywood

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Lotus, you are just too nice. Personally, I'd say @Flynn should take its shitty attitude and shove it up its ass.
.. This is a perfect example of why a loser like that should never be given even a little authority - they go all Nazi and can't control themselves.

As opposed to the fuckwit that was banned and then re-banned because you can't follow simple directions?

Interesting.

Whaaambulance

Whine One One
Administrator
Same shit is true here at this site now. Strong Woman character x3... the newest moderators. Disgusting...

SSS
- Hollywood, Disney, Bastard Factory

Sad Fortnite Kid Crying Emoji GIF - Sad Fortnite Kid Sad Crying Emoji GIFs

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
They want to keep being paid calling it "residuals.".... when you sell a house, you don't keep asking the buyers to pay you money every year, do you? It is the same principle.

They obviously as writers were paid for their content, (which is mostly 99% dismal rubbish).

They want a payrise. Calling it a residual is incorrect.

Last edited:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
They want to keep being paid calling it "residuuals.".... when you sell a house, you don't keep asking the buyers to pay you money every year, do you? It is the same principle.

They obviously as writers were paid for their content, (which is mostly 99% dissmal rubbish).

You have the right to your wrong opinion. :Happy5:

OP
OP
SirSuperSouthern

SirSuperSouthern

It's Always 5:55, bitch.
Site Supporter

SSS
- You're all cool, already seen this gem before, but this thread is about Hollywood and ^this guy briefly puts it all much better than I did in my sloppy drunken OP.

*edit - just skip to the 11-minute mark

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
For those of you with impaired brain fiunction: "Hollywood," like any other category of enterprise, is not a monolith. All kinds of businesses and all kinds of people make up Hollywood. Writers and actors have been getting screwed over online platforns ever since they began. I say more power to them and I hope the strike works out in their favor. I also say FUCK YOU to the rich heads of huge enterprises like Netflix who are refusing them. MOST actors and writers are working stiffs, not multi-millionaire stars. Those people have no need of contracts.

^^^ what she said!

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Hardly you simple Door Monitor. The dude owns your sorry self

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
They want to keep being paid calling it "residuals.".... when you sell a house, you don't keep asking the buyers to pay you money every year, do you? It is the same principle.

They obviously as writers were paid for their content, (which is mostly 99% dismal rubbish).

OMG. When you sell a house, a bunch of other people don't distribute copies of the house and make millions of dollars off of it. It's not the same principle in any way. There's a good reason for residuals. SMH@the ignorance.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Bet your pubes are gaining on your sad nut sack? Yeah?

• LOL
Reactions: X

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
OMG. When you sell a house, a bunch of other people don't distribute copies of the house and make millions of dollars off of it. It's not the same principle in any way. There's a good reason for residuals. SMH@the ignorance.

They won't get them.

They can and should ask for a pay rise.

Painters don't keep asking more money for their paintings after they are sold. You sell a painting and it's sold... finish. You write a story and it's sold... finish. If it has a reprint, you get royalties.. but if you write a TV show, film, whatever, you have already been paid for it under your present contract.

When actors get residuals it is because it is written in their initial contracts.

There will be literally thousands of writers graduating, and they will be probably cheaper to employ than the current mob...

Writing isn't hard... sitting on your arse inventing drivel is even easier. They aren't digging ditches in the boiling hot sun for a living.... they aren't folding sheets and changing wound dressings and cleaning up vomit all day. Their job isn't even a job.

Last edited:

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
I've been avoiding this topic here.
None of your business tbh... but I'll share.

I'm one of those directly affected by this strike. I make my living from the entertainment industry working remotely out of Los Angeles. I was on track to make 90K+ this year until May 2 slowdown/stoppage...

Last edited:

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The rumor around town is the writers are currently engaged in negotiations.

Los Angeles Times says,

WGA and studio reps meet, but no signs of strike ending​

It's has been 3 months so far....

There
I've been avoiding this topic here.
None of your business tbh... but I'll share.

I'm one of those directly affected by this strike. I make my living from the entertainment industry working remotely out of Los Angeles. I was on track to make 90K+ this year until May 2 slowdown/stoppage...

But you aren't making any judgements... I am... show those tumbleweeds my posts and my derision of their shit writing. Tell them it's from an Australian former fan.

America isn't the only country that has writers and makes shows... remind them of that... the fucking losers.

3 months out on strike is criminal!!!

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Los Angeles Times says,

WGA and studio reps meet, but no signs of strike ending​

It's has been 3 months so far....

There

But you aren't making any judgements... I am... show those tumbleweeds my posts and my derision of their shit writing. Tell them it's from an Australian former fan.

America isn't the only country that has writers and makes shows... remind them of that... the fucking losers.

3 months out on strike is criminal!!!

My kid works in the industry ~ that’s who I’m getting my info from. I consider her a reliable source and she said they suspect it will be over by September. We shall see.

Honestly, I think they should go on strike for as long as it takes to David & Goliath battle corporate greed. That is what’s killing our nation.

The writers create the material just like a song writer… they are entitled to and deserve royalties. They don’t make shit for the original script. It’s a flat fee.