but but but... critical race theory is just teaching the same history that's always been taught in class

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

"Data is useless without context." - Nate Silver

I have looked at murder rates in different by "race" in the past. Blacks do have higher rates of murder. I haven't, however, looked at data that teases out those murders that are bourn out of distribution of drugs.

I suspect that if we could look at murder rates absent drug dealing and distribution, there would be much less of a difference between blacks and whites.

• LOL
Reactions: X

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️

I have looked at murder rates in different by "race" in the past. Blacks do have higher rates of murder. I haven't, however, looked at data that teases out those murders that are bourn out of distribution of drugs.

I suspect that if we could look at murder rates absent drug dealing and distribution, there would be much less of a difference between blacks and whites.
I think looking only at the those involved in the 'hard' drug world is too narrow of focus, not all poor people are drug 'addicts' or even users. Are casual pot smokers as high risk as hard drug addicts like meth and heroin, fentanyl?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
FANnq5A.png

but teh confederates was democrats, yuk yuk yuk! pwn3d!

dd40ecb4a164de94384ce9dad8491dbdc29d9c97.jpeg

hairitage not hate!
Oh look Democrat history month!

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter

I further suspect that generational poverty, dense populations due to past & present governmental policies, and the tense atmosphere created by overpolicing affect those numbers also. Desperate situations give rise to desperate acts.

X

xXx
Site Supporter

Blacks like to kill blacks, even over a minor thing like $10 ..

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I further suspect that generational poverty, dense populations due to past & present governmental policies, and the tense atmosphere created by overpolicing affect those numbers also. Desperate situations give rise to desperate acts.
Undoubtedly. The numbers don't tell the story. The story informs the numbers.
There are physical differences between the races largely influenced by environment. Fast twitch muscle being more present in populations where being swift was helpful in the ability to evade danger or capture prey. There is no population on Earth that benefits from being less intelligent.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Undoubtedly. The numbers don't tell the story. The story informs the numbers.
There are physical differences between the races largely influenced by environment. Fast twitch muscle being more present in populations where being swift was helpful in the ability to evade danger or capture prey. There is no population on Earth that benefits from being less intelligent.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think looking only at the those involved in the 'hard' drug world is too narrow of focus, not all poor people are drug 'addicts' or even users. Are casual pot smokers as high risk as hard drug addicts like meth and heroin, fentanyl?

I think that a lot of crime in the black community revolves around the sale and distribution of drugs. (And brown as well) Gangs become part of the mix. They are the ones that get the drugs out to all the users.

Meth, in California, is distributed by those in motorcycle gangs. I bet the rates of violent crime is fairly high among that demographic as well.

It's the same concept that explains the violence of the Cartels.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I think that a lot of crime in the black community revolves around the sale and distribution of drugs.

...and am I the only one who remembers it was the CIA who trafficked cocaine into the inner cities which led directly to the crack epidemic which was used as a justification for upscaled policing and harsher sentences which, along with Biden's crime bill, led to the mass incarceration of black and brown folks and the reality that the USA, with 5% of the world's population, has 25% of the world's prisoners?

It's not biological or merely societal... it's systemic and intentional.

Anyone who fails to acknowledge that is trying to play with half a deck.

Don't even get me started on Afghanistan's poppy fields and the opioid crisis...

Kingoffrogs

Apparatus Of Satan
Site Supporter ☠️

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

"Analyses revealed that African-American males who carry the 2-repeat allele are significantly more likely than all other genotypes to engage in shooting and stabbing behaviors and to report having multiple shooting and stabbing victims."

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
...and am I the only one who remembers it was the CIA who trafficked cocaine into the inner cities which led directly to the crack epidemic which was used as a justification for upscaled policing and harsher sentences which, along with Biden's crime bill, led to the mass incarceration of black and brown folks and the reality that the USA, with 5% of the world's population, has 25% of the world's prisoners?

It's not biological or merely societal... it's systemic and intentional.

Anyone who fails to acknowledge that is trying to play with half a deck.

Don't even get me started on Afghanistan's poppy fields and the opioid crisis...

Not at all. It was the CIA that made crack cocaine a problem in the black community.

It is absolutely a systemic problem that is intentional.

White people didn't care then, they just condemned. Now, with white people also dropping like flies with opioids and now fentanyl...it's a problem.

Of course, one that is blamed on brown people this time. The Border, if only we controlled the border.

No one actually wonders why Americans want to escape so badly. What is it that they're trying to escape from?

Could it be systemic injustice and working as if we were indeed in The Matrix, where we're here solely to enrich our oligarchs?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

"Analyses revealed that African-American males who carry the 2-repeat allele are significantly more likely than all other genotypes to engage in shooting and stabbing behaviors and to report having multiple shooting and stabbing victims."

"The limitations of the study are discussed and suggestions for future research are offered."

The article, like all peer-reviewed articles, require assessment of the research methodology and the limitations of the study.

Peer-reviewed research also needs to be duplicated with similar results before we accept the results.

Kingoffrogs

Apparatus Of Satan
Site Supporter ☠️
White people didn't care then, they just condemned. Now, with white people also dropping like flies with opioids and now fentanyl...it's a problem.
I'm sure some white people cared, it's ridiculous to lump all white people together and say they all believe/think the same thing.