but but but... critical race theory is just teaching the same history that's always been taught in class

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
No Banking while Black you silly negroe!

A Black Houston doctor's $16K check was refused. Now she's suing Chase Bank, alleging racial discrimination

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Right so she was hassled about cashing a 16k check BECAUSE shes black or because it was 16k check?

Normally amounts like that are direct deposited. I doubt this is will go anywhere. This same situation happens to white people all the time. We (my husband and i) have even been "asked particular questions" over large checks and we have an established account at our bank.
Were you and your husband denied service, Miss white Chick?

Nope, but like I said.....we have established account.

I definately HAVE witnessed banks here refuse to cash large checks for white people. It's not color that sets this off at all.

I'm willing to bet not only are there factors here that are not being included in this version of events.....and I'm also willing to bet that bank has at LEAST one black employee (this IS Houston) who is in charge. I bet they hold several accounts for black customers as well.

I dont believe this was about race at all. We dont live in that world.
Good thing you won't be on the jury Miss Cracker Barrel.

......There wont be anyone on a jury. Juries are not involved in lawsuits, Admin.

And why would you say that? Because you WANT to believe this woman was denied because shes black?

The same shit happens to white people everyday. Just sayin.

So you think its rational that a Houston bank only does business with and employs white people?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I have been given a hard time at banks. It is common for people in low level jobs (like a bank teller) to assert their power/authority when they can.

I would want to know how the doctor reacted to any kind of attitude she received from the bank teller.

"We are going to have to put a 7 day hold on this cheque until it clears."

"That is fine."

"You will not be able to access any money for 7 days. Not a dime."

"That is fine."

"This could be a forged cheque. If it is, the police will be notified."

"That is fine. Please open the account and deposit the cheque."

Or

"Why? I am a doctor. Just setup the account now!"

"We have to do this and you will not be able to access any money for 7 days. Not a dime."

"This is ridiculous. Do I need to call my friends at the hospital? Why are you giving me a hard time? I am a doctor! I save lives!!!!!!"

"I see what this is!! This would not happen if I were a white man, would it!?!? I am a victim!!!!!! Yaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!"

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

A Black Houston doctor's $16K check was refused. Now she's suing Chase Bank, alleging racial discrimination

Right so she was hassled about cashing a 16k check BECAUSE shes black or because it was 16k check?

Normally amounts like that are direct deposited. I doubt this is will go anywhere. This same situation happens to white people all the time. We (my husband and i) have even been "asked particular questions" over large checks and we have an established account at our bank.

I definately HAVE witnessed banks here refuse to cash large checks for white people. It's not color that sets this off at all.

I'm willing to bet not only are there factors here that are not being included in this version of events.....and I'm also willing to bet that bank has at LEAST one black employee (this IS Houston) who is in charge. I bet they hold several accounts for black customers as well.

Good thing you won't be on the jury Miss Cracker Barrel.

......There wont be anyone on a jury. Juries are not involved in lawsuits, Admin.

And why would you say that? Because you WANT to believe this woman was denied because shes black?

The same shit happens to white people everyday. Just sayin.

So you think its rational that a Houston bank only does business with and employs white people?
You want to deny she was denied service for being black, trust me on this I bet a couple heads roll over this, and Chase ends up paying her more than 16K

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

"Houston is a very multicultural city, partially due to its academic institutions, industry, and status as a port city. Houston residents
, and it also has one of the youngest populations in the country due to the influx of immigrants in the state. It's estimated that there are
living in the Houston area alone.

The non-Hispanic white population in Houston had halved since 1970 when it accounted for 62% of the population. It also seems the racial and ethnic diversity increases the further away from the center of the city you move to.
Houston's Hispanic population is increasing rapidly as more Latin American immigrants move to the area to work. Houston now has the
in the United States.
There is also a significant African American population in Houston, which has been the case for most of its history. From 1870 to 1890, black people accounted for nearly 40% of the city's population, although this ranged from 21 to 33% from 1910.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Fucking hell I tried to post part of an article and it double posted the whole thing lol

Sorry. I fixed it.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I have been given a hard time at banks. It is common for people in low level jobs (like a bank teller) to assert their power/authority when they can.

I would want to know how the doctor reacted to any kind of attitude she received from the bank teller.

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

"We have to do this and you will not be able to access any money for 7 days. Not a dime."

"This is ridiculous. Do I need to call my friends at the hospital? Why are you giving me a hard time? I am a doctor! I save lives!!!!!!"

"I see what this is!! This would not happen if I were a white man, would it!?!? I am a victim!!!!!! Yaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!"
You're suggesting a young person that has recently graduated from Med School, and survived Residency Hell,is easily bullied by some minimum wage bank teller? Cool Story Biff!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
What's your point Dullwit, that because Houston has a sizable ethnic population no one is prejudiced there????? WOW!

Nope.

My point is that with such a large ethnic and diverse population it's very unlikely any Houston business would refuse service based on RACE.

Its VERY unlikely this bank only has white account holders.

Its VERY unlikely there are no black people employer there.

There are reasons why a bank wouldnt accept a check for 16k.....race very likely is NOT one of them. That's my point.

Shes gonna have to prove they rejected her check because shes black. It's actually ridiculous that anytime a black person deals with the same inconveniences as everyone else, its blamed on skin color.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
What's your point Dullwit, that because Houston has a sizable ethnic population no one is prejudiced there????? WOW!

Nope.

My point is that with such a large ethnic and diverse population it's very unlikely any Houston business would refuse service based on RACE.

There are reasons why a bank wouldnt accept a check for 16k.....race very likely is NOT one of them. That's my point.

Shes gonna have to prove they rejected her check because shes black. It's actually ridiculous that anytime a black person deals with the same inconveniences as everyone else, its blamed on skin color.
But they did, and you don't seem to be capable of understanding that. That is on you, MS White Pride.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Nope.

But they did, and you don't seem to be capable of understanding that. That is on you, MS White Pride.

I dont mindlessly believe things just because someone claimed them.

You'll believe this over more realistic reasons why a bank wouldnt take a check for 16k regardless this same thing happens to other people as well......but you completely ignore women who get raped and assaulted due to men "self identifying" as women and getting into womens prisons and spaces.

You'll believe whatever aligns with what you WANT to believe.

Again she has to prove they rejected her check because shes black.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Nope.

Nope.

You'll believe this over more realistic reasons why a bank wouldnt take a check for 16k regardless this same thing happens to other people as well......but you completely ignore women who get raped and assaulted due to men "self identifying" as women and getting into womens prisons and spaces.

Did two tellers tell you and your hub that the large check was a fraud, and that you will be arrested for fraud?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Nope.

Nope.

Did two tellers tell you and your hub that the large check was a fraud, and that you will be arrested for fraud?

No we had an established account so they held it for like two weeks.

My husbands white roommate he had was arrested for fraud at a PNC for trying to cash a check for 4800 though. The check was shadey.

Jumping to race here is ridiculous. This is a 16k check. Banks have policies regarding large checks. I doubt we will see any follow up to this because I'm SURE there are issues here not being brought up in this article.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Most banks will not cash a large check and race has nothing to do with it. They want you to deposit it into your account. As usual aids man is as wrong as he is stupid.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Most banks will not cash a large check and race has nothing to do with it. They want you to deposit it into your account. As usual aids man is as wrong as he is stupid.
Hey lunkhead they wouldn’t let her deposit her fucking check you lump of fungi.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Looks like they have a deposit limit of 10k a day. Unless you are using a check scanner.

4) What is the Chase Deposit Limit
The deposit limit for Chase is $10,000 per day or $25,000 during a rolling 30-day period if using the Chase Mobile app to make deposits. If using a check scanner, then $250,000 per day or $500,000 during a rolling 30-day period.

5) What is the Deposit Limit for Checks with Chase?
If you are using a check scanner, the limit for depositing checks with Chase is $25,000 per day or $500,000 during a rolling 30-day period. If you are using the Chase mobile app, the limit is $10,000 per day or $25,000 during a rolling 30-day period.

It would be nice to see the banks side of the story.

Was the check through Chase?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly
You’re using a lot of words to place blame on the Young Doctor. Why is that?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly

If you are looking at a new customer and want their business, they can ask the doctor to hold on for a few minutes why they call and verify the check is valid. It's easy enough to say, it will take about 20 minutes, but if you don't mind waiting, we can confirm the check is authentic. Banks are dealing with a lot of fraudulent activity...

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly

If you are looking at a new customer and want their business, they can ask the doctor to hold on for a few minutes why they call and verify the check is valid. It's easy enough to say, it will take about 20 minutes, but if you don't mind waiting, we can confirm the check is authentic. Banks are dealing with a lot of fraudulent activity...

I think the standard procedure is to put a hold on it and wait until the cheque clears from the other banking institution.

What we do not know is how the doctor was addressing and reacting to the teller. If she was belligerent, that could be the reason she was refused service.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly

I'm not placing any "blame" yet. You are so eager to place blame on the bank with a simple accusation.

Why is that?

You dont think petty lawsuits ever happen?

Do you really believe that in 2022 a bank in Houston was just like "fuck this black person"? Just that black person?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly

I think the standard procedure is to put a hold on it and wait until the cheque clears from the other banking institution.

What we do not know is how the doctor was addressing and reacting to the teller. If she was belligerent, that could be the reason she was refused service.

They can't hold your check until they open an account. They refused to open an account with that check as the first transaction.

It is unreasonable to refuse to allow her to open an account because of what they "think" and not what they know.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly

They can't hold your check until they open an account. They refused to open an account with that check as the first transaction.

It is unreasonable to refuse to allow her to open an account because of what they "think" and not what they know.
Not sure why our Conservative friends have such little empathy.

"Well I had a teller ask me a couple questions once, so there!"

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly

And they don't know how banking works, no account, no holding my check, fuckfaces...

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly

And they don't know how banking works, no account, no holding my check, fuckfaces...
I swear to god, I think Oerdin huffs glue, or he's a heavy drinker or something.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly

I swear to god, I think Oerdin huffs glue, or he's a heavy drinker or something.

Along with the Howler...he was the one blaming this woman without thinking the scenario through. What did they base their decision to bar her from opening an account on?

They didn't provide a good argument, imo.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

"That is fine."

"That is fine."

Or

Exactly

How do you figure this is "little empathy"? Do you know what empathy is?

Again you are willing to believe this and be certain that it's the bank tellers fault and they are definately racist.....without even hearing their side.

But when a ten year old little girl is grabbed by her throat and assaulted by a 26 year old man who self identifies as a woman....in a female bathroom, you accuse us of being desperate for hatred and division.

The same 26 year old rapist is being sent to juvenile detention so he has girls trapped with him.

Where is your empathy for women and girls, Admin?

If this bank refused service to her because shes black(an accusation I find completely insane in 2022 in Houston....where they definately do business with black and hispanic people and probably employ them) than yeah she should win a lawsuit.

But dont come yammering about empathy when your response to reports about women getting raped in prison by male prisoners who "self identity" as women is a laugh emoji.

You show no interest or empathy for victims of human trafficking, but you call prison "slave labor" as if we should care about murderers and rapists and not their victims.

You are call attention to a lawsuit being brought over a claim of racism that likely isnt even true
.....but you dont talk about how black women and girls are abused and murdered more than any other demographic.

You avoid anything that involves putting scrunity of Democrat politicains and policies or people you view as "victims" even when its causing serious harm to other humans.

Your empathy goes as far as your political views, Admin. If you cared about HUMANS you wouldnt be dismissing how "trans rights" are being legislated and how women and girls are being harmed. And abused when they speak about it.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Fuck, I go to the same bank branch every fucking month to draw out $1500 in $100 bills to make the payment on ONE of my cars and them cunts drag their fukin feet so hard, I swear they're checking with Interpol to see if its ok. I dont cry that they're making me wait cause I'm a nigger. Any check over 2K creates hysteria in a bank these days because gubmints.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Fuck, I go to the same bank branch every fucking month to draw out $1500 in $100 bills to make the payment on ONE of my cars and them cunts drag their fukin feet so hard, I swear they're checking with Interpol to see if its ok. I dont cry that they're making me wait cause I'm a nigger. Any check over 2K creates hysteria in a bank these days because gubmints.
Who the fuck makes car payments in Cash? Are you a credit criminal that has to go to the
"Buy here, pay here" lots? LOL what a high roller you are! You'll end up buying 2 cars for the finance company. That's some shrewd financial statergy!